Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:32:17 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
When to use punch bait over others?  (Read 3160 times)
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Legend

I grew up catfishing using minnows or shad. I have never tried punch bait but was going to this year. I have read many things on how to use punch bait but I have never heard anyone mention if there is a time that Punch bait will produce over shad or vice versa.

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

I believe I have heard Jerry mention that the punch bait is his go-to bait during the winter months.(right Jerry?)...Especially while fishing under the birds...others will swear by it all year round...

It is more of a personal preferance and comfort level as to which bait has the most success.  Fishing the punch bait is different than fishing other baits such as shad, worms, shrimp, etc. etc.  Bite detection is key while fishing the punch bait.

Remember too that the fish can be picky at times and any one bait may outfish another.  Suggestions are that you always have a couple of choices when you go out.  That way, if they don't want one, perhaps they will hit the other.

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

I figured it was a preference thing Cool
I have ordered me a CKAT and am going to try the punch bait when it comes in. I heard CKAT poles are great for punch bait because they are very sensitive and you can feel the lite bites..

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I haven't used my CK pole with any punch bait...yet that is. I do like the heck out of it though. With what fishing I have done with it, it's became my favorite pole to fish with outta the bunch I've got. I'm getting me another pole from CK, while that special is running.

Mugz

Steven
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Has anyone ever used those preformed catfish baits that kinda look like a marshmellow? I bought some the other day and am going to try them later today. Just curious if anyone has had luck with them.

Adam
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Adam get ya a gallon of sure shot punch bait from Benny and some #2 or #4 treble hooks and head to the water with your new CKat and catch a couple kitties.  I would reccommend placing some 20 or 30lb spiderwire or Power Pro line on your reel.  Hold the pole while fishing punch bait and you will be amazed at the results.  I just ordered 5 gallons of Sure Shot so it will be good and ready by spring time, (using my secret recipe of course)

Jim reed
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: