Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2018, 03:28:05 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Good numbers Friday 01-20  (Read 2132 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

After work this morning went to working the net trying to get enough bait to fish with.
A couple hours later after a lot of net throwing I had just enough to set-up the rods and bait the hooks a couple times.
Have been looking forward to some shallow fishing lately and today's weather seemed to be good for it.
Got to fishing around 9:00am in about 5-8ft of water and the eaters were biting . Around lunch some nicer fish started showing up.
Finished the day around 4:30 with 10 fish for the day. 26-20-30-34-21 and 5 eaters.  Definitely a nice unwind from the workweek on the bank today with some cooperative fish and stellar weather.  

Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:09:34 PM by BankfishinDave
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Hey why shallow today? Is it because of all the rain?
Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm just having a hard time finding them this winter.
I like your reports and your success speaks volumes
Thanks

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

PoppaP , great question and that's what these forums are for.
You got it man. Rain and influx of water combined with the warmer weather is the reason I liked the shallows today.
This is the time of year when we start to normally see water temperatures in the shallows become warmer or as warm as the water in the depths of the lake. The very cold Winters are coldest consistently  in Texas normally Dec and early January and gradually start warming now. Throw in catfish behavior and patterns and they are thinking about moving shallow for spawn soon anyhow. Although it's been pretty warm these last two Winters so the effect has not been as great. The fish kind have tended not to group up as much as they would in a colder Winter. It's been tough for most of us these last couple Winters. Just my opinions and hope any of it helps.

Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:26:09 PM by BankfishinDave
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Thanks,  that make a lot of sense.
Hopefully see ya out there sometime.
Tight lines

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Nice Job today, can't wait to get out and see what we can get.  The freezer needs to be stocked again!

Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:46:01 AM by W2Fsgirl
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Nice Job today, can't wait to get out and see what we can get.  The freeze needs to be stocked again!
They have been biting pretty good lately, good luck to you and WISH2FISH. I'm sure he'll get ya restocked.
Nice meeting y'all the other week when y'all walked up.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Good job as always Dave, nice to meet you too. Thanks for the extra bait too, it came in handy.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

No problem Troy.

Yesterday's weather was great to be out fishing in but these warmer days is making the bait a little tougher lately.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Nice catching Dave!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Right back at ya James. Good hearing that you caught some nice ones as well yesterday and that both arms of the lake were working.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Nice work Amigo... I tried a little deeper on 22 Jan for 4 hours and got 4 dinkers. Lakes come up a bit too....

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

great trip big dave  icon_biggrin ... way to keep em figured out  icon_cool  Congrats Bud

and very good info for the forum  icon_cool icon_biggrin

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Thanks Lou, Lynn.
Shallows been really slow this week for me so far.
Thought warmer weather would have them on the move.
No skunks shallow but maybe next month better......

Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 12:47:54 PM by BankfishinDave
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: