Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2017, 10:48:19 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
No luck...  (Read 2646 times)

Lunker

There were quite a few of us on the lake yesterday for a Monday... hope the rest of you had more luck than I.  Divided my effort between bass and crappie, two crappie bites and no tugs from any bass  icon_rolleyes.  Was hoping that front would not shut them down since temps didn't drop at all afterward... water didn't seem any muddier than Lady Mudhole usually is...  Oh well, better than working anyway.

-------------------------
Jimmy Houston got it right: She doesn't have to be a '10,' as long as she likes to fish!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

Thanks for the report. I chose not to chase those two species yesterday. My son and I got there ~1pm and fished for catfish until 4:30pm...we caught 1 each, eaters. A 3 and 2.5 pounders. His was larger than mine....as it should be....lol

Looked like a convention around the rail road trestle. Had no luck in that area. Tooled off to main lake and got the two eaters before leaving for the day to get home to see the Sooners win!!!

Ochigger

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Your 2 crappie bites were 2 more than ours!!!
It was a beautiful day... but seriously... NO bites - No short fish, no sand bass, no nuthin!!!
We tried from 12-30 ft.  Weird. Tires, rocks, roadbeds, timber, BP's - nada -

Fortunately, we went back to the slips and caught a few.   icon_cool 

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Well, I guess that I'm going to have to get in my float tube with my fly rod and show you guys how to fish for crappie.  angel

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Well, I guess that I'm going to have to get in my float tube with my fly rod and show you guys how to fish for crappie.  angel

May need your ice fishing suit as well

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I got skunked on Monday too. I fished by the island and dam. Nada.. After a while I started marking trees and brush in areas I don't normally go. It was a beautiful day. Next time....

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Once Jerry Hancock started catching minimal qty of crappie  :sad:I started cat fishing in the boat and slip fishing for crappie. Ain't having much luck in my first year slip tho  icon_cry

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

OK, this works for crappie, kitties, bass etc. Baro Pressure is a big deal to fish. Just like when we fly or drive up and down mountains and deal with ear pressure, popping etc...it can be unpleasant experience.

Baro pressure does the same with fish. Although fish suspended in deeper waters are effected less IMHO.

http://northdallasweather.com/wxbarosummary.php?r=wxbarosummary.php

I use the above website for baro pressure and other weather indicators. My favorite Baro Pressue for fishing is 29.9 to 30.10 with the pressure steady and not rising. Pressure falling within a narrow range does not seem to effect the fish as much but can effect them. Pressure rising will really turn fish off.

On the days in question on this thread the pressure was both falling and rising. Not good for fishing usually. Now fish still gotta eat so some fish will be caught regardless. But as a general rule if the pressure is not within say 29.9 to 30.1 and steady fishing could be a lot better on a different day.

Howsome ever if ya can go fishin on a bad day its better than working on a good day! Smiley

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I don't regularly check the barometric pressure since I don't get to go out very often.  I am sure that was a factor on Monday due to the morning storm and the front that was developing.  However, the other piece is the amount of shad in the lake.  It was frustrating to see fish and not get a bite.  They weren't very active but if they were, I think they would be hitting the balled up shad.

OK, this works for crappie, kitties, bass etc. Baro Pressure is a big deal to fish. Just like when we fly or drive up and down mountains and deal with ear pressure, popping etc...it can be unpleasant experience.

Baro pressure does the same with fish. Although fish suspended in deeper waters are effected less IMHO.

http://northdallasweather.com/wxbarosummary.php?r=wxbarosummary.php

I use the above website for baro pressure and other weather indicators. My favorite Baro Pressue for fishing is 29.9 to 30.10 with the pressure steady and not rising. Pressure falling within a narrow range does not seem to effect the fish as much but can effect them. Pressure rising will really turn fish off.

On the days in question on this thread the pressure was both falling and rising. Not good for fishing usually. Now fish still gotta eat so some fish will be caught regardless. But as a general rule if the pressure is not within say 29.9 to 30.1 and steady fishing could be a lot better on a different day.

Howsome ever if ya can go fishin on a bad day its better than working on a good day! Smiley

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Correct Desull. Pressure really effected the fish and they were just not comfortable. With water temps getting cooler them shad will be balling up in deeper water and migrating the creeks in the afternoon when the water temps rise.

On those days when the fish be skittish, fishing deeper can produce better results. Just have to adapt and try sumpin else. Its a rare occasion we get skunked on the Lady....but it is not so rare for us to have to change tactics from when we started to chase ole Pepe LePew away. The only thing that will help is TOW. Been fishing the Lady since 1978 so have learned a thing or two.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Howsome ever if ya can go fishin on a bad day its better than working on a good day! 

You are correct Sir !!!

Safe Floor North Texas
www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

You are correct Sir !!!

How ya been Todd. Been many moons passed since we seen ya post here. How is yore pardner in crime ole Mr Lynn doing?

icon_cool icon_biggrin icon_lol icon_lol

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Are the crappie biting anywhere on the lake?

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

An article I wrote on the poop forum. All about the pressure

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9557450/1

Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom