Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2017, 10:47:20 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Wylie CrappieMan - Stage 4  (Read 4664 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Some tough news to report...

Many of you know or have heard of Wylie Crappieman, Mike Wilson. Just last week he was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer. Initially, the neurosurgeon thought it might be a concussion, but turned out to be cancer that had spread from other parts of his body. After further diagnosis, it was in his left lung, kidney, other organs and appeared to start in his adrenal glands so that is where the biopsy was done. Mike will start radiation treatments tomorrow, Friday, which also happens to be his 56th birthday.
Please keep Mike and his family in your prayers during this trying time.

We have had some good times over the years, starting back when Mike used to only fish out of a tube, in the lake and creeeks… and still outfished most of us with boats. I named a cove after him, “Mike’s Cove” which was his favorite and he fished it all the time and we met up there often. We also took a good trip to Cedar Creek to ‘shoot docks’.
He later got a boat and did some guiding for a while and just happened to catch the Lake Lavon record white crappie.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww79/Texexp/01%20%20-%20Nov%20-%20Dec%202016/Mike%20Wilson%20-%20Lavon%20record%202_zpsxohokf89.png
Wylie CrappieMan - Stage 4

http://forum.lakelavonfishing.com/index.php/topic,23519.msg213996.html#msg213996

Here’s a pict of some of us locals at the Little Ridge boat ramp… pondering the lake and what we’re doing today. Lol
And yes, Oscar wears shorts until it freezes!

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww79/Texexp/01%20%20-%20Nov%20-%20Dec%202016/IMG_1501_zpsaa1aabc9.jpg
Wylie CrappieMan - Stage 4

There’s not many folks on here in the fall and winter, but please share any picts or stories you might have also and keep them in your prayers. Thanks!

Heavenly Father,
We pray for Mike and his family for your guidance, and a peace that passes all understanding. As they go through these trying times comfort them with your presence. We pray for you to cleanse his body, we know you are able to. We pray for healing and for the doctor's wisdom and that the treatment has impressive results!
In Jesus name we pray, amen.

Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:44:50 PM by TexExp
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well Mike is one tough feller! I can see him just thinking about the skirmish ahead and calling on the Lord to guide the doctors with the treatments he will need. I'm positive Mike and all his family & friends will be lifting many prayers to the Father on Mike's behalf.

You know everything is in God's hands! What a blessing we have in God & His son Jesus!  icon_biggrin When we have Jesus in our lives, we can just turn it all over to Him and not sweat the small stuff! God is in complete control!  icon_biggrin

So we all can keep lifting those prayers for a full recovery. In the meantime, ain't we blessed that God created fish! Time to get some hook wettin time in!

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

Truly is sad news.  I'll be praying for his successful battle that he is engaged in with this affliction, as well as, for his family. Miracles do happen and this is the season for remembering that.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

David R. 

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Sorry to hear this, prayers and good thoughts toward him and his family.

I don't know Mike, but we've met on the water and this forum. He did bail me out at Little Ridge once, literally. I'd limited out one day in the spring a couple of years ago. But I was stuck on 24 for a while and a front blew in. By the time I got to the ramp it was howling. I beached the boat and backed my trailer down, but when I got back to my boat it already had a foot of water in it. Motor would not start, and try as I might, it pretty much sank in 2 feet of water. I took the motor off (20h), and then started carrying everything to the shore. Mike and a couple of clients had been fishing nearby, a husband and wife, and they'd just come in. His client offered to help, and I said no, just stay there and dry.

A little while later Mike came down. He'd already pulled his boat out and the clients were gone. I was knee deep by the back of my boat with the plastic battery box, bailing as hard as I could but water was blowing in faster than it was going out. He said "Hey, let me see that a second". I handed him the battery box and he immediately flung it about 50 feet on shore. I still laugh to think of it. He could see that I was getting nowhere and put an stop to it. With some other folks that helped out we finally got the boat out of there and trailered. Mike also suggested that I invest in a bilge pump, which I installed the next day.

Like I said, I don't know Mike. But he was my very best friend that day.

When in doubt, set the hook!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

lol  - great story

Wait... you caught a limit???    icon_lol 

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Wait... you caught a limit???    icon_lol 

The proverbial blind squirrel

When in doubt, set the hook!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I hate to hear this. Mike, you are in our prayers. You know the lff family is here for you

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

sorry to hear that.  Its awful news.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I'll bet that another National Championship by Bama this year would sure make Mike feel better.  icon_biggrin Roll Tide!!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Mike I  hope that you remember me I don't post much on here anymore but my prayers are with you and your family keep fighting we will keep you in our prayers

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Keeping you in my thoughts, Mike.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Has anyone heard anything about how Mike is doing?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Update today from Mike's Son.

Noah Wilson -

As most of my close friends know, my father was diagnosed with cancer back in November. The doctors have tried multiple treatments to prevent spreading. This past Wednesday night we took my father to the hospital due to severe stomach pain he was having. After they did some scans, they realized that the cancer has widely spread. With not much improvement since Wednesday they have decided to send my dad home sometime in the next couple of days on hospice. I want to thank everyone who has prayed and I ask that you continue to pray. I know God is able, but whatever the outcome is He is still good and His glory will be revealed.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

Thanks for sharing Tex.....

Prayers are for and with the Wilson family.

God is great and Glory-Salvation is the plan!!!

Ochigger.....aka   David R

My dad passed at age 58 with colon cancer and my mom at age 76 with lung cancer (a non-smoker).

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Sorry to hear this news.  Mike was around since this forum inception and was always a strong contributor and an all around good guy.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: