Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2018, 03:48:53 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
DD today  (Read 1417 times)
Lunker Extreme

Fly Fishing was good below Texoma dam today, especially this morning. The first fish I caught was a 4# striper, then a couple of smaller stripers, then a few sandies, then a 5.5# striper (pictured) that jumped 3' out of the water when I hooked it. Over the course of the day I caught about 12 stripers and maybe 10 sandies, as well as a longnose gar that was about 3' long.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/cliffhilbert/IMG_0132_zpslmhhyu6q.jpg
DD today
, http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/cliffhilbert/IMG_0133_zpsfouir31e.jpg
DD today

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Very nice, every time I see one of your posts I think about taking a trip up to the damn to look for stripers.  Can you get to good spots to fish from shore or do you need a kayak/tube to get to them?

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

You can wade and get to several of the good areas. I can meet you there and show you the best spots to fish. I use a tube because 1) my knees are too bad to wade, and 2) I can get to more spots than the waders. Right now you don't need waders because the water is not cold enough for that, but you will need good wading boots.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

You can wade and get to several of the good areas. I can meet you there and show you the best spots to fish. I use a tube because 1) my knees are too bad to wade, and 2) I can get to more spots than the waders. Right now you don't need waders because the water is not cold enough for that, but you will need good wading boots.

Thanks I may take you up on that offer.  Not sure what wading boots are but have looked at full waders a few times but haven't pulled the trigger on them, I have rubber boots but don't think they would do well if filled with water.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

The rocks in the river are very slippery, some are small and some are boulder size so you would need wading boots that would keep you from slipping and falling. Cabelas and Basspro would have what you need, just ask one of the clerks in the boots section to help you.

Top Bottom