Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 09:20:58 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
bank bassin  (Read 1724 times)

Lunker Extreme

Great day on the lake Thursday, having trouble posting pic from phone. 4 bass biggest was 8.2 lbs, 30 sandbass, longest was 17 inches. All caught on one in-line spinner. Needless to say but the feathers on the tail of it are now gone.

Top Bottom  

Minnow

Tasty!

Impressive man!
Sounds like a great time, those heftys are so much fun  icon_biggrin

-------------------------
Chasin that old dream!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Fish caught Fri 10/27

Top Bottom  

Lunker

That is an awesome LM Bass.  I went out on Saturday looking for them and only got one small one.  what time of day were you fishing and what part of the lake were you on?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

South part of the lake, called hybrid point. Just waded out to about the knees and threw out a blue in line spinner. Caught all fish on the one bait. The sand bass were cast after cast sometimes. and all the bass hit the lure as soon as it hit the water.  Good luck.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

The time was around 9 am

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Thanks I haven't had any luck catching LMB on Hybrid Point but have gotten the sand bass there.  Truthfully I haven't had any luck catching LMB anywhere on the lake except for a few tiny ones.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I have fished for bass at Lavon for many years 20+. I can't recall a time better than now. When I'm banking at night for blues, the bass seem to be everywhere. I can't wait to go at night on a full moon, and tear them up with top waters.

Down size your baits. I caught that one with a small spinner, 6lb braid, on an ultra light reel. It was like catching a 30 pound fish.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Will do.  thanks for the advice, if I ever catch something worth talking about I will post some pics on the forum.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Big one was CPR'd.  Don't keep bass, not my thing.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Thanks and do that BSHAW27

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: