Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 05:38:01 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Saturday Morning... 8/6 Chaos  (Read 1541 times)

Lunker Extreme

Got back on Lavon for the first time this year after getting the big boat (Able to run out to island, up north etc...) back from the mechanic without getting swamped by the jet skiers/weekender's. 

Loaded my two youngest up and off we went.  Our old ramp (that had a boat dock) we used to always go to was closed.  Went over to Collin and launched there.  Took off across the lake and rounded the island and the big motor slowly dies off on plane.  Couldn't get it to restart.  Kids are giving me the  icon_eek look.  Told them fish on the fish finder gave them a rattle trap and started trolling with the trolling motor then switched to spoons jigging  (Ever seen a 4yr old with a jigging spoon?  Goodness he probably whacked everything on the boat with his spiderman pole   icon_mrgreen).  Had posted on the FB site about looking for a ramp with a dock and had a couple really nice folks trying to help us out there.

Next, started to look into why the big motor wouldn't run.  Mentioned on FB motor had died and would hope to get it figured out soon.  (Appears when I dropped the boat off the gas gauge had quite working so they drained the gas tank to fix.  I had filled up when I dropped it off so mentally was thinking full tank of gas.) Then low and behold the folks on FB started generously trying to help me and telling me where the sandies were biting!!  Told the kids there are some folks trying to help us on where the fish where and that daddy would get the boat running hopefully.   icon_confused

Figured out the tank was empty and called wife to let her know the scenario we were in.   icon_redface  She graciously offered to bring us a gas can with some fresh gas so she loaded up and headed our way (45 min drive and 5 mins at gas station plus paying to get into park to drop off gas) she arrives.  angel  By this time we had circled the island trolling w/ the trolling motor and kids seeing fish on depth finder and not catching anything wasn't helping much.   

None-the-less, put 5 gallons in and the motor fired right up.  (Mind you folks still posting on FB on where to take kids to get them on the fish)  Told the kiddos going to fill it up and get them a special snack at them marina and start chasing fish again.  Ran back fueled up got special snacks and headed back out to find sandies (10:45-11am by this time).  Get back over by the dam and oldest of the two goes to eat their "Milky Way" from the marina only to realize it expired in 2015... icon_frown  We looked around for about 20 minutes idling, trolling, watch depth finder, following birds, and cooking in the sun.

Then, youngest looks up and says I'm hot and want to go home daddy.  So, we reeled in the lines and ran up the lake and back down over to the ramp to cool them off a bit and loaded and went home. 

So what is it that I am trying to communicate?  I had an epic fail on trying to put the kiddos on the fish and more so that I actually went on the water without even sticking the gas tank to see how much was in there.  To them I apologized.  But, what really surprised me, there are some really good folks still out there willing to share and help you.  So, I want to also publicly say thank you to those folks trying to support us and willing to share where they were catching them.  It wasn't our day to make it happen.

It wasn't a total loss though as the kiddos enjoyed being on the water, running across the lake again, and seeing that glimmer of hope in their eyes that big one on the fishfinder is going to bite their line.

To those folks that were giving us locations thank you again for the support if you are on here!!

-------------------------
88' Allison XTB-21 and two little sidekicks that love to fish!!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

That experience is what leads to lifetime memories for all involved.    Glad it was a simple fix and bet the girls will be ready to go again, soon.

Ochigger     

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Yes Sir! 

Think we are going to try and hit it Thursday morning if all goes as planned.

-------------------------
88' Allison XTB-21 and two little sidekicks that love to fish!!
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Does the marina not sell gas? If so, I hope your wife never finds out, she may not be that gracious next time.LOL

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

sure sounds like an adventure... and a learning experience.
Good to see there are still nice folks out there.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Collin Park will sell gas.  $30 bucks for 5 gallon including delivery!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: