Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 09:29:09 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
VANISHING FORUMS  (Read 3034 times)

Lunker

I noticed yesterday that Six Old Geezers {Lake Texoma) Forum is going to fold.  During my time of membership I have seen 2 Forums already go away, Lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Lewisville. Seems that lack of participation may be part of the problem. I myself do more lurking than posting. We mostly jugline fish and selective keep only a few eaters each time so there is not a whole lot to report except depth set and size of CPRs.  Maybe we all need to post more often to keep this great Forum healthy!

-------------------------
A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

70 views and no replies ..yup no participation . I posted on crappie section with a ton of views but only a handful of replies but I'm a culprit of not replieying on other posts so what goes around comes around

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Yep,the same ole problem. At present, there are 46 guests a lookin and 4 members logged in. 12 lookers for every member logged in and even fewer posts than the 4 members.

By its name a "forum" requires participation at a minimum level to stay a "forum". It is whut it is! Many contributors no longer post due to too many folks having very thin skin. Or folks griping cuz some folks posted too much.

Any "forum" emulates its members!  icon_cool icon_eek icon_biggrin

Many have gone to the facebook site which requires membership and real names. I would post more but I just don't get out fishing much anymore.  icon_rolleyes icon_eek

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

It's all Oscar's fault!!!!  icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Not the biggest, but big enough -- 59lb Blue

It summer and too dam hot to fish..... icon_biggrin

participation....check!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Love fishing! It's my drug!

Yep, Oscars fault icon_eek

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Yep, Oscars fault icon_eek

See Oscar, everybody agrees with me, IT'S YOUR FAULT!!!!!  icon_mrgreen

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

well im still around at atleast lunch time  icon_mrgreen    just dont get to fish much anymore except for my trip to Tenkiller a couple of weeks ago. guess i shouldve atleast posted a pic somewhere  icon_cool

Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:09:59 PM by fishin1

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Lynn's fault

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Update on Six Old Geezers Forum.  A bunch of members stepped up to the plate and anted more than enough to cover the expenses to keep it going.  Reading between the lines, I'd say the will be contributing a few more posts now.

A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I don't  check the forum as much as I use to, but I did post today. 

William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Lol waiting in parking lot to start work at 4 am I get on the forum to catch up .
Only member on and 53 guests lol doesn't anybody sleep?

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/onelastshot4og/Mobile%20Uploads/B7E42B48-EC70-45B0-856C-485ECAE6D736.jpeg
VANISHING FORUMS

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Not the biggest, but big enough -- 59lb Blue

we are all trolls these days....lol

hopefully I will have something to post this weekend....if I don't I will make something up. icon_lol

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Guests typically are webbots and crawlers for search engines.  obviously sometimes guests are just guests, but at 4am and 53 guests being on......thats search engines.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Good to know. Thanks Shawn

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: