Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2018, 05:31:06 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Avalon  (Read 5102 times)

Lunker

Haven't verified but saw on fb that Avalon was open .  Yippee if that's the case
Lol just verified

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lavon/

Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:50:22 AM by J.A..F.O.
Top Bottom  
Lunker

J.A..F.O.,

Thank you for checking the Lavon Lake Website to make sure which parks are open.

You are correct, Avalon is OPEN on a limited basis.  The gates will be open Friday, Saturday, Sunday.  The boat ramp is open.  The pavilion is not yet rentable.

The gates will close each night at sundown.  Please plan accordingly.

Please remember to wear your life jackets and good luck fishing!

v/r,
Ranger Perrin

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

Thanks Ranger for the confirmation and clarification........would not want to get locked in for the night..

Ochigger

Top Bottom  
Lunker

are they planning on opening the east fork boat ramp again.   

Top Bottom  

Lunker

are they planning on opening the east fork boat ramp again.   

Probably not this century  icon_mrgreen

Top Bottom  
Lunker

well that sucks.   dont see why they cant either get one of the ramps open or open avalon for winter. 

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

well that sucks.   dont see why they cant either get one of the ramps open or open avalon for winter. 

Open Avalon for winter.  It's a nice park and it's the only park on this side of the dam.
If they want to close something for the winter close East Fork.
Sportsmen need a place on this side of lake.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I don't see east Fork opening any time soon. We camped in East Fork several days last week and the roads to the ramps AND the RV sites are horrible. There were 4 places in the RV road ring that had multiple holes all the way across the road. You could not keep from hitting these potholes and some were 8 inches deep. Not pulling our 5th wheel back thru that mess. Also the main road coming into the park is a mess. And raw sewage 4 inches deep in a 3 foot by 10 foot area at the dump site was the last straw. If the City of Wylie health department were to see that, it would be bad.

The park attendants were very nice and the shower house/bathroom was nice and clean. But it is a travesty to let the only 50 amp rv park on the lake decline to the present deplorable condition. The park is losing a lot of camping fees as folks just won't pay money to subject their RV's to those bad conditions.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker

That's too bad about East Fork. That was my favorite place to launch - the east ramp in the protected cove. I wonder if there is anyone we can pester with emails, letters or phone calls to motivate change.

Matt
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I believe....Before 2011, some of the park fees were spent back on the parks. COE was using a private company to manage the parks and part of that contract required some of the fees collected be spent back in the park for maintenance and improvements. Then someone figured out that fees for a guvment park were not being channeled directly to the COE and the private management deal was done away with. Since then, at least in my understanding, all fees collected now go into the perverbial guvment black hole. With budget cutbacks, there is less dollars to spread around so no repiars and maintenance are being made.

The roof on the East Fork pavillion should have been replaced years ago. Last time I was there a couple years ago, the roof decking was starting to rotten and will now require a whole lot more money to fix than just a new roof would have cost. East Fork used to be full most of the summer and holidays. Not anymore. Lots of revenue being lost even if it was destined for the black hole!

Top Bottom  
Lunker

any body know if avalon is still open on weekends?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

any body know if avalon is still open on weekends?

It is according to website..

Top Bottom  
Lunker

just to let everyone know avalon is NOT open.   Wasted my time this morning going by to launch and it was closed.   Very disappointed and mad soapbox   I guess since all the jet skiers arent around they dont care about the guys that fish.   

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Is Avalon open on April 1st? 

From the web site, it said "Will be open on 1 Apr pending award of gate attendant contract". 

Thanks

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: