Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2018, 11:26:23 AM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Lavon back above normal pool level  (Read 4100 times)
Lunker Extreme

I drove out to the dam this afternoon and it looks like they're getting ready to open the gates up big time.   The concrete barriers were placed across the road by the Lake Headquarters and set up so only one car can pass thru at a time.

They did this last spring when the gates were opened up to 24,000cfs.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Wohoo!  Lavon is over 1/2 foot above normal pool and still rising.  It came up 2 and 1/2 feet since the rain started Tuesday.  Hubbard discharge is 8000cfs in preparation of Lavon gates opening.

I'll be a dam fisherman again as soon as the gates open up on Lavon.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

yeh .... they'll defiantely haveta open em . maybe even before the weekend

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Almost 5' above normal pool.  Ought to be any day now.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

yep they're open now

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Woohoo!  icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

7' above normal and they aren't releasing now. Here we go again. Austin oughta build a pipeline to West Texas, their lakes are almost dry. We could send them water and they could send us some deer and turkeys to stock Collin and Grayson counties. icon_biggrin

Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:30:30 PM by evinrudelark

Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

They were releasing 4000 cfs when I went by the dam around 5 p.m. yesterday afternoon.  It was shoulder to shoulder fishing on the bank below the dam and I saw a few good stringers of healthy 13" to 15" fat sandbass and also saw one hybrid on a stringer.  It was on last night!

With all the rain we got last night I'm surprised the gates aren't open wider now.

In the picture, you can see a couple of good stringers of sandbass by the guy in the blue shirt in the middle of the picture.
P.S.  I think you have to be logged in to be able to see the pictures.

Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:11:59 PM by redloon
Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: