Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2018, 09:55:31 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Need new top water rod.  (Read 4193 times)
Lunker

I broke my old All-Star top water rod Saturday and need a replacement.  What do you guys like for fishing Pop-R's, Billy Bass, and Spooks?

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

6.5-7 ft rod medium action. The list of name brand rods goes on and on. I use a Bass Pro Shops 7 ft medium action Carbonlite rod.

-------------------------
Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Well, I went rod shopping the internet, Cablea's, and Bass Pro.  I had to learn new terminology and suffered from sticker shock.  Much has changed since I last bought bass rods. Basically, I would need to spend about $200 to get a new rod comparable to the old $50. rod I broke. 

Decided to use my old All-Star spinner rod for the top water baits and bought a new 6 ft. All-Star to drown minners with thus saving the old rod from wear and tear.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I just bought a Lews Speed Stick 6' 10" one piece Medium power.  HP610MC IM 8 Split grip EVA (I prefer cork) but has the blank exposed under the reel seat.  9 micro guides including tip.  $40 bones at Wally World, Spring Creek & 75.  Paired it up with a Daiwa Tatula 100, 67 bucks from Academy.... Can you tell I'm excited!  Sorry BPS

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I prefer cork too.  Just can't warm up to those split handles. 

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Did you try Academy? They have some decent rods, reasonably priced depending on the brand.. 

Keep on Fishin'!!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: