Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 02:10:51 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
2.5 hp Mercury  (Read 1067 times)

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

I am a novice with engines but I let my motor sit too long because of health problems and I could not get it to run. I found a $16 used service manual an a lot of advice on the Internet. I took the carb apart and put it back together 4 times before I got it right. I finally got the guts to drive the pin out of the float with a small nail to get to the needle valve. Best advice on the Internet, let the parts soak over night and make small cleaning brushes out on twisted stands of small electrical wire. The service  manual arrived in the mail after the second time that I took the carb apart. That carurator and I are old friends now.

i always use Sta-bil when I get gas but I may not have run the carb dry the last time I used it, because there was a lot of gum in the needle valve. If you don't use, you lose it.

-------------------------
Neil
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Didn't know you were having health problems Neil.  Hope things are well now.  Did you get your motor to run?  I don't know squat about them but hopefully someone on the forum can help if you need it.  Good luck.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

Thank you Bill.  The motor seems to be running fine now. I just need to use it.

Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:52:01 AM by NLester

-------------------------
Neil
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: