Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 04:50:56 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Is Highland really open  (Read 5353 times)

Lunker Extreme

Corps site says Highland is open. I'll have to see it to believe it. Anybody looked?

Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:08:17 AM by evinrudelark

-------------------------
Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  
Lunker

The "gate" appeared to have been pried open....the post is/was nearly pulled out of the ground. I figured someone forced their way in and the corp said screw it and called it open.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

All -

I am disappointed by the apparent misconception about how parks are opened and on what kinds of activities are allowed on USACE property.

Access to the lake and the parks continues to be a priority for us.  The damage caused by two floods this last year has limited which parks can be opened.  We won't open parks until they are clean and safe for public use.  We have worked to open parks around the lake to provide as much access to the different sections of the lake as we can.  It appears that some individuals are not willing to wait and have resorted to destruction of federal property to access areas that weren't open.

Damaging the gates, structures, roads, and/or vegetation on USACE property is illegal.  Driving vehicles off road is illegal.  Dumping trash on USACE property is illegal.  Individuals found participating in illegal activity are subject, per 36 CFR 327, to a fine of not more than $5000 and incarceration for up to 6 months.  We aggressively pursue those actions. 

Doing damage to the facilities, such as the destruction of the Highland Park gate, did not help us or force us to open the park.  It increased the cost of opening the park to the detriment of other things that could have been accomplished with the time and money that has to be used for the repairs.  Had the park not already been scheduled for cleanup and opening, it would not have opened. 

We very much appreciate your patience as we work through cleanup and repair of the parks.  Some parks will take a lot longer to repair given the scope and cost of the repairs.  Forcing your way into those parks just increases the costs and delays the parks opening further. 

Thank you for helping take care of our parks.  We look forward to continuing to serve you.  If you have questions or concerns, please give us a call.

Respectfully,
Ranger Perrin

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Thank you Ranger Perrin for your detailed explanation of the current status of the parks at Lavon.  It is sad that anyone would even need an explanation considering the amount of obvious damage that occurred during these recent floods.  You sir, have been the most responsive official regarding the opening of access to the various parts of the lake and I and most of the members of this forum truly appreciate your dedication to this end in a safe and responsible way.  The profound ignorance and disregard of a few bad apples is disgusting and a drain on your very limited resources for sure. 

I for one, and I am not alone, are currently and continually available to render voluntary assistance to you and your staff in any way we can to make our parks at Lavon available and beautiful.  I commend you and your staff for the efforts you have made and continue to make on our behalf.  Well done and thank you.

Sincerely,
William J. Crowe

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Thank you Ranger Perrin for your detailed explanation of the current status of the parks at Lavon.  It is sad that anyone would even need an explanation considering the amount of obvious damage that occurred during these recent floods.  You sir, have been the most responsive official regarding the opening of access to the various parts of the lake and I and most of the members of this forum truly appreciate your dedication to this end in a safe and responsible way.  The profound ignorance and disregard of a few bad apples is disgusting and a drain on your very limited resources for sure. 

I for one, and I am not alone, are currently and continually available to render voluntary assistance to you and your staff in any way we can to make our parks at Lavon available and beautiful.  I commend you and your staff for the efforts you have made and continue to make on our behalf.  Well done and thank you.

Sincerely,
William J. Crowe

Well said Bill and agreed to by many on this forum. Ranger Perrin and the COE have been more active the past couple of years workin with us all to help us enjoy our Lady Lavon!

On another note Ranger Perrin, I noticed the dumpster was missing from the Clear Lake south ramp. I hope it was re-purposed elsewhere and not damaged or stolen.

Thanks for keepin us informed.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

All -

I am disappointed by the apparent misconception about how parks are opened and on what kinds of activities are allowed on USACE property.

Access to the lake and the parks continues to be a priority for us.  The damage caused by two floods this last year has limited which parks can be opened.  We won't open parks until they are clean and safe for public use.  We have worked to open parks around the lake to provide as much access to the different sections of the lake as we can.  It appears that some individuals are not willing to wait and have resorted to destruction of federal property to access areas that weren't open.

Damaging the gates, structures, roads, and/or vegetation on USACE property is illegal.  Driving vehicles off road is illegal.  Dumping trash on USACE property is illegal.  Individuals found participating in illegal activity are subject, per 36 CFR 327, to a fine of not more than $5000 and incarceration for up to 6 months.  We aggressively pursue those actions. 

Doing damage to the facilities, such as the destruction of the Highland Park gate, did not help us or force us to open the park.  It increased the cost of opening the park to the detriment of other things that could have been accomplished with the time and money that has to be used for the repairs.  Had the park not already been scheduled for cleanup and opening, it would not have opened. 

We very much appreciate your patience as we work through cleanup and repair of the parks.  Some parks will take a lot longer to repair given the scope and cost of the repairs.  Forcing your way into those parks just increases the costs and delays the parks opening further. 

Thank you for helping take care of our parks.  We look forward to continuing to serve you.  If you have questions or concerns, please give us a call.

Respectfully,
Ranger Perrin

I appreciate the explanation and attention as well. I know you and your team are working hard with the resources you have. With that being said, where or who do we direct our request or concerns about getting you more resources to expedite the process?

I appreciate all that y'all do and also for keeping us updated.

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Well said Bill and agreed to by many on this forum. Ranger Perrin and the COE have been more active the past couple of years workin with us all to help us enjoy our Lady Lavon!

On another note Ranger Perrin, I noticed the dumpster was missing from the Clear Lake south ramp. I hope it was re-purposed elsewhere and not damaged or stolen.

Thanks for keepin us informed.
Dumpster is also missing at Little Ridge, I'm guessing they were moved due to flooding and will be replaced soon.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

The Clear lake dumpster had been there 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was not there last Friday.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: