Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 02:07:55 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
December 26th tornado  (Read 1760 times)
Lunker Extreme

Hopefully everyone come away from the tornado without any damage.

I took a drive this morning out to the power plant and saw several houses damaged or destroyed on the road from Hwy 78 to the power plant.
I also had to avoid several sections of plywood roofing laying in the middle of the road coming back from Lavon to Allen.  These must have been carried aloft from down south and then dropped out of the supercell as it was going towards Lavon.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Willard gas station and the feed store in Copeville were leveled last night.  Two people died in Copeville. Tornado traveled down hwy 78 toward Farmsville then into Blue Ridge.   78 is opened now but early this morning is was blocked off around Copeville.

-------------------------
William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Been in Rowlett this week with OBR "Operation Barbeque Relief"! Just a bunch of competition cooks getting together and other volunteers working their butts off to provide hot meals to victims of this terrible disaster, early responders, Oncor, Atmos, police, fire, Red Cross, Salvation Army, cleanup workers. etc. The task is enormous and I can tell you firsthand the situation is worse than the videos you have seen on TV. Total destruction. Also, all donations, 100% got to help those in need. All time is donated, no one is paid anything! There are very few non-profit assistance organizations that can say 100% of donations go to help those in need.  

As of yesterday, OBR had provided over 30,000 hot, low & slow cooked BBQ meals since Monday. Ribs, pork butts, sausage, ham, pork loins, pinto beans, black eye peas, corn, green beans, cabbage, baked beans, ranch style beans, english peas, chorizo, eggs, onions, tortillas, and the list goes on and on. Tremendous effort by a bunch of folks. Its been cold and the days long. Today will be our last day and then we will shutdown in Rowlett.

I am asking for your help to keep this organization moving forward. It costs lots of money to provide the food and supplies. Some of these items are donated but much needs to be purchased. This group is not just local to Texas and started 5 years ago with the Joplin, Missouri tornado. This group has deployed to Rowlett, West, Wimberly, Joplin, Missouri, Moore, OK, and is presently deployed in Mississippi and just started in St Louis with the recent flooding, plus many other places.

I'm asking you now, if you can, to please donate to OBR so these deployments may continue in the future. To help those in so much need after disasters have taken folks homes, belonging, everything including lives! OBR is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit and all donations are tax deductible.

https://operationbbqrelief.org/

God Bless

Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:48:49 AM by DavidP

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks for your assistance.  I'm sure the consumers appreciated it. 

William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

OBR closed the Rowlett program last Sunday at 12:30 PM. About 35,000 hot meals were prepared in six days. The early response by OBR allowed "breathing room" for the Red Cross  & Salvation Army to get up to speed.  OBR is still deployed in Holly Springs, MS and was looking at the St. Louis area and other areas due to immense flooding.

Meals were delivered into neighborhoods in Rowlett, Garland, Copeville & Blueridge and other areas afflicted and many walkup meals were served at First Christian Church of Rowlett. The tornado missed the church by about 100 yards so OBR was deployed right at the devastation which was immense.

Much assistance by First Christian Church and many other churches and groups is ongoing and most likely will continue.

God Bless to all that volunteered, donated, lifted prayers...as it takes it all!!!!

Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:50:59 AM by DavidP

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

David .....  rockon rockon  you guys and gals did a great thing for all those people

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: