Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 09:30:31 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Lavon back above normal pool level  (Read 3250 times)
Lunker Extreme

Just checked and the lake has come up 1.75' in the last 24 hours.  It's almost a foot above pool level and more rain to come in the next 2 days.  Looks like there will be plenty of water in the lake going into spring.  

Hope the Corps doesn't start shutting down boat ramps again.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/cgi-bin/rcshtml.pl?page=Reports&report=fish

Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:46:23 PM by redloon
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Lavon is now approaching 5' above normal pool level and it's still raining.  Ray Hubbard is releasing 20,000 cfs - probably in anticipation of Lavon having to release water.  

Woohoo - more fishing below the dam in running water. icon_biggrin

Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:44:59 PM by redloon
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

it'll reach 9 or 10 ft over pool before mornin .... and all within 4 days  icon_eek

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Fishin1 was right - lake is now just over 10' above normal pool level.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

You have to wonder how the Corps. is going to handle water releases this time around.  With the new section of road open on 78, you can't really do the crazy 25k cfs they had going earlier this May without flooding the highway.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I'd like the Corps to release long and slow - about 1000 cfs from now thru March to give the hybrids and sandbass enough time to come up from Hubbard.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

You have to wonder how the Corps. is going to handle water releases this time around.  With the new section of road open on 78, you can't really do the crazy 25k cfs they had going earlier this May without flooding the highway.
I think if it gets to the flood pool mark (not gonna happen this go round) they could care less about the road.

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I think if it gets to the flood pool mark (not gonna happen this go round) they could care less about the road.

Tru dat for sure! The COE has washed out Highway 78 on more than one occasion. I would hope that the bridge was raised when the road was rebuilt recently.  icon_eek

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Tru dat for sure! The COE has washed out Highway 78 on more than one occasion. I would hope that the bridge was raised when the road was rebuilt recently.  icon_eek
Agree with both above..............no rain really in the 10 day forecast but not gonna be good if this current weather pattern has more H20 in store for us before letting some out.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

They should have raise the bridge a couple feet.

William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Walk into Little Ridge this afternoon, water covers most of the parking lot near the pier.

William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Not sure about the bridge but there is a low spot on 78 just to the West of it that flooded the last time.  They really messed up when building it.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Pebble beach is under water again, it has almost reached the water line from the last flood.  Can launch the canoe from my back yard again and canoe in the park!

Top Bottom