Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2018, 03:27:58 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Good Morning LLFF! What you doin?  (Read 1764 times)
LLF Fishing Addict

icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Sittin here drinking me coffee and thought I would post sumpin as the activity on LLFF has really waned the past several months. I haven't been kitty fishin in 5 weeks or so. But, all dem kitties we caught the last two trips were fried up right and proper for my Sunday School party Thursday evening! Mighty tasty they wuz.

Fillets were cut into 1.5 to 2 oz serving size so they would fry up quick! Seasoned with lemon peppa and let to soak in buttermilk for 3 hours or so. Then drained and coated with our Big Country Fish Fry Dust. Hit da spot fer sure.

Bout 45 folks left stuffed as a tick & happy!  icon_cool icon_cool icon_biggrin icon_biggrin So, them fishin trips 5 weeks ago were still givin up some happiness!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Now time for another cup of coffee!  icon_cool Then start tying some more jigs for me crappie fishin friends.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Got off work at 1:00 pm..  Came home to mow the lawn and keep the HOA lady happy.  Got to go back to work tomorrow and almost thankful for it.
Weather forecast calls for 95 degrees tomorrow -  I thought it was supposed to be in the low 80's for almost the middle of October.

I also noticed there are not a lot of posts lately - is the fishing that bad?

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Hey Mr. p

What does the buttermilk do for the fillets?  I usually save my buttermilk for pies!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Hey Mr. p

What does the buttermilk do for the fillets?  I usually save my buttermilk for pies!

Mox, buttermilk is slightly acidic and it kelps break down any blood left in kitty fillets. Makes em sweet with none of that sometime "muddy" taste! It also helps the fish fry dust stick to the fillet!  icon_cool

Make sure the fillets are dry, place in a ziploc bag and pour in the buttermilk. No need to drown the fillets, just enuf buttermilk to get all the fillets coated. A pint to a full gallon bag of fillets is usually plenty.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

It's not morning now but it's not tomorrow yet so I'll check in.
Was intending to go try the crappie after lunch but got hypnotized by that ut vs. ou game, and finally got to fishing around 4 o'clock. Brought home 9, fishin from my float tube. If I go tomorrow maybe I'll post a proper report early  next week. Been thinking all week about buying a little tying kit as a birthday present to myself so maybe I'll be posting some beginners efforts also  icon_biggrin.
I think people are tellin their fish stories amongst their facebook groups is why posts are anemic here. Facebook is overrated  icon_mrgreen.

Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Been thinking all week about buying a little tying kit as a birthday present to myself so maybe I'll be posting some beginners efforts also  icon_biggrin.
 icon_mrgreen.

If'n you get that tying kit and need a few pointers, let me know and I will be glad to help. We used to have a tying gathering for LLFF ever so often but interest started lackin and we haven't had one in about 4 or 5 years. I'm always available to help folks wantin to learn how to roll their own jigs. Can make em simple or complex, both catch fish but the complex ones seem to catch more fisherfolks!  icon_eek icon_cool icon_biggrin icon_lol

Although a few complex patterns really do seem do improve the odds on catchin dem crappie.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I have a fish fry recommendation for those looking to try something different. Shiner, flour, salt and pepper. Add enough shiner to make a thin pancake batter consistency.

Matt
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Mox, buttermilk is slightly acidic and it kelps break down any blood left in kitty fillets. Makes em sweet with none of that sometime "muddy" taste! It also helps the fish fry dust stick to the fillet!  icon_cool

Make sure the fillets are dry, place in a ziploc bag and pour in the buttermilk. No need to drown the fillets, just enuf buttermilk to get all the fillets coated. A pint to a full gallon bag of fillets is usually plenty.

Another solution is to use crappie filets.  LOL   hitfan zhammertime

Thanks for keeping the LLFF alive!
Hopefully we will be back posting more soon.
It helps that I retired from running around to different lakes tournament fishing.   icon_mrgreen 

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

I have a fish fry recommendation for those looking to try something different. Shiner, flour, salt and pepper. Add enough shiner to make a thin pancake batter consistency.

Plus you get a buzz while cooking it!   icon_cool 

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

hey guys ..  icon_rolleyes we're all still all around but life and a little extra life is in the way of fishin right now but for me and roadtoad ,  not too far for some reports ... i love the buttermilk and beer combo for for batter  icon_cool

Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:17:27 PM by fishin1

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: