Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2018, 11:19:34 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Power Plant  (Read 2653 times)

Minnow

What is going on at the power plant? Are they releasing water on the weekends, anyone catching anything there?

-------------------------
Bayliner Fish & Ski
Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

A few Sandies but nothing to write about.  That does not mean it won't be on fire when you go. It pretty much all year nothings really been going on

Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

If you can throw a lure right up to the base of the big spillway there generally are bigger sandbass lurking there.  I think the spillway is undercut and they wait right there looking for food to come over the spillway.  I've caught hybrids and even a 24" striper there - the striper was a few years ago admittedly.  Have to use a surf casting rod to reach in there and still stay out of the keep out area.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Where exactly is the keep out area? I assume its an imaginary line from fence on shore to bouy?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Where exactly is the keep out area? I assume its an imaginary line from fence on shore to bouy?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Yep, and all the way around from bouy to bouy.  You don't want to get caught inside for sure!

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

A buddy got a ticket for being two to three ft over the imaginary line. $450

Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

OUCH!

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I can vouch for that too - also got a ticket for being inside the buoys.  The officer told me that it's considered a sensitive restrictive area (Homeland Security?) and they have no latitude on the tickets.  People in the power plant will call the county Sheriff when they see a boat inside the buoys, so be careful!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: