Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2018, 03:51:05 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Open ramps  (Read 4799 times)
Minnow

Is East fork open, if so do they close the gate at some point, just asking so i wont get stuck night fishing; same question for Lavonia south.  Please help

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lavon/

East Fork Park boat ramps and Day Use area are closed due to flood damages.
Clearlake Park and north boat ramp is closed due to flood damages.
Mallard Park is closed due to flood damages.
Ticky Creek Park is closed, but the boat ramp is open.
Elm Creek Park is closed due to flood and road damages.
Little Ridge Park peninsula is closed due to flood damages, but the boat ramp is open.

Avalon Park is closed until further notice.
Lakeland Park is closed until further notice.
Pebble Beach Park is closed until further notice.
Caddo Park is closed until further notice.
Highland Park is closed until further notice.

If you need further information, please call the Lavon Lake HQ at (972) 442-3141.  Thank you.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Is there any projection or schedule when all the closed parks will be cleaned up, repaired, and opened up for public use again?

Is it a matter of not enough money to repair or even maintain the facilities?  Shortage of manpower, or other priorities?

Thank goodness the restroom at Little Ridge appears to be open after a couple of years of having the doors locked.

Just saw the Channel 8 news where in one news clip they are talking about not having enough money to fix all the potholes on the streets and in another news clip they are talking about expanding the 121 toll road.  Priorities!!

Top Bottom  
Minnow

I'm trying to understand why East Fork isn't open.  The issue is with the roads not the ramp.  The roads were left to decay even though this is/was one of the most used parks in the Lavon system.  It's also centrally located and features many of the facilities that make it a desirable location to launch from.  Is there anything we can do to speed up the process of reopening this park to the public?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I'm trying to understand why East Fork isn't open.  The issue is with the roads not the ramp.  The roads were left to decay even though this is/was one of the most used parks in the Lavon system.  It's also centrally located and features many of the facilities that make it a desirable location to launch from.  Is there anything we can do to speed up the process of reopening this park to the public?

Money will usually fix most anything mechanical in nature. No funds budgeted to fix roads that have declined almost to the point of replacement needed.

Patchwork IMHO is not gonna fix East Fork roads. Those roads have been in bad shape for several years with potholes deep into the road base. When the flood waters got under the road lots of damage was done.

Could try fundraising but I would suspect it's gonna take a lot of money to repair those roads. Kinda sad as East Fork is the only 50 amp park on the lake. The roof on the group shelter has had exposed decking for many years. Park is just slowly rottin away as funds have dried up in budget cuts. Sad indeed.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Money will usually fix most anything mechanical in nature. No funds budgeted to fix roads that have declined almost to the point of replacement needed.

Patchwork IMHO is not gonna fix East Fork roads. Those roads have been in bad shape for several years with potholes deep into the road base. When the flood waters got under the road lots of damage was done.

Could try fundraising but I would suspect it's gonna take a lot of money to repair those roads. Kinda sad as East Fork is the only 50 amp park on the lake. The roof on the group shelter has had exposed decking for many years. Park is just slowly rottin away as funds have dried up in budget cuts. Sad indeed.

Yea, and a couple of years ago they spent who knows how much money to fix up Pebble Beach with a new road with big boulders lining it, and many loads of sand and pea gravel for the beach (now all overgrown with weeds) for a park that's rarely used even when it was in good shape.  Money could have been spent elsewhere for sure.....

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Obama will fix it.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Obama will fix it.

Obama has fixed it!  icon_rolleyes

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

anyone know if the south ramp is open at clear lake? would like to take to tube out Saturday morning.

memory lane is only a 1/4 mile long
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Clear Lake south boat ramp is open.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

cool, thanks

memory lane is only a 1/4 mile long
Top Bottom  
Minnow

I understand why East Fork is going to take a while to open.  Lots of road leading to the eastern most ramp.  Is there any consideration being given to opening just the western ramp?  My other question revolves around Avalon park.  It's listed as closed until further notice.  Would Avalon be better suited for repair ahead of East Fork?  The road to the ramp is shorter than that leading to the eastern most ramp at EF park.  Selfishly, i'm wanting to launch at a ramp that doesn't take me 45 minutes to get to.

Finally, is there a corp ramp on Lavon that is even charging to Launch?  Every corp ramp i've been too is free.  Seems like they should be charging to raise funds.  Just saying....I'd pay.

I'm "that" guy right now...

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Has anyone seen the roads or ramps at east fork and are they even trying to fix them or are we just screwed til next summer when the jet fleas get out?

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Got a year pass and now it is not doing me any good and I have to spend more money to drive further hitfan

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: