Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2018, 11:22:47 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Quick trip today  (Read 2260 times)

Lunker

I have been hearing stories of great sand bass fishing lately around noon at hybrid point. I got there at 11:30 and set out to catch some. I hit hybrid point, power plant, glass house, and island. Nothing on the fish finder. Then I went to the Damn. As soon as I stopped the boat on the east side of the damn, there were fish from 12 to 27 feet of water. Thick sand bass. I started fishing around 1:00. There was bait everywhere! Shad popping the top of the water everywhere. Bait and sand bass for hundreds of feet along the damn. I fished for an hour and a half and caught about 20. Most of them big magnums with 5/8 ounce chartreuse spoon / crappie jig 18" up. I also tried an umbrella rig, but I couldn't reel it fast enough to get bit. I did manage a few 4-6 inch largemouth on the umbrella rig. The bite was slow with as many fish as I saw, but it looks like they have plenty of shad to feed on. There was a guy fishing the rocks for catfish and he was wearing them out. He ran out of shad with a bucket full of catfish. I was hoping they would boil, but could stay very long. I'm excited to get back on the lake.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Wow..I'm new to the lake.  Planned to there this Friday to avoid pleasure boaters on the weekend. I've read and a friend told me he wore them out in less than 2 hours.  Sandies and yellow basses.  I'm not familiar with the lake but looking forward to learn from it.  Thanks for the report.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

ILF, welcome to the forum!  icon_cool icon_biggrin

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Okay folks...I'm heading out there tomorrow for the evening trip.  I know temperature is going to be a killer but I'm reading all these good reports about sandies are going crazy.  Will be launching at Lavonia.  First stop will be Hybrid point.  Not sure where is that.  Can someone help me out?  Thank you.

Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:07:19 PM by I Love Fishing
Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

When you get time, read through everyone of my threads on the sand bass, it will have every map of where these fish live. Hybrid point is directly east of the island

And again, I have answered probably every question out there regarding the sand bass on Lavonn. All that information is within the big thread here in the sand bass fo and again, I have answered probably every question out there regarding the sand bass on Lavon. All that information is within the big thread here in the sand bass forum.

-------------------------
Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: