Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2018, 07:29:09 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Boat ramp info from lake manager  (Read 2122 times)
Minnow

My neighbor talked to the lake manager yesterday and got some info I'd like to pass on. First, for all of you that are waiting for East Fork to open, it may be a long wait. Mr. Kinard said it may be a year before they open it. He stated "wave action" has badly damaged both ramps and as we all know, funding is hard for them to get. They have requested emergency money, but he said that is also hard to get.

He said the next ramp he will open is Brockdale, followed by Little Ridge. He also made mention they may close the gates before the lake reaches pool level. We are at 493.65 as of now.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Good to know,man...Thanks !

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I wonder how they can retain water over 492. Interesting

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I also spoke to him today, Glad to have Brockdale back again. He said that Ticky is up on the list to make usable as well.

He said the has been major road damage leading to the EF Marina side ramp as mentioned above ,its just going to be a while for that one, and the EF Main lake ramp also has some asphalt damage to.

The COE is attempting to spend the time/Money to open ramps first on all four corners of the lake , then open some Mid lake, this will allow access equally as fast as possible. Basically, what they are NOT doing is opening just south ramps leaving the northern folks with a long drive or vise versa.   fair enough IMO.

hey , this time last year we were high and dry. Then some dumb arse decided to work on a single lane low water ramp hitfan  icon_lol

I figure we have about 11 more lanes to launch right now

Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:55:37 PM by jjason

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I wonder how they can retain water over 492. Interesting

I would guess they cant..... but you could let it out REAL slow .. open and little / shut them / open a little and so on.

I've seen that before several times in the early to mid 90s

Top Bottom  

Lunker

...Then some dumb arse decided to work on a single lane low water ram hitfan  icon_lol

Seemed like a good idea at the time. I bet that low water ramp's rocks are holding some fish right now. If LR opens again soon, I'll drop a jig on your efforts and see what happens.

When in doubt, set the hook!
Top Bottom  
Minnow

What is the issue with holding the level slightly above pool? I don't see where that would hurt, but maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

What is the issue with holding the level slightly above pool? I don't see where that would hurt, but maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.

I've always heard it is a waters' rights issue.  Downstream lakes etc need water (althought they don't right now) so they have to release it.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: