Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2018, 08:53:03 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Bank Fishing for Bass  (Read 4599 times)

Lunker

I was going to post this on the "Biggest yet" post, but I figured I'm kinda getting off topic of that post so I just started my own.

I've heard about Coffee Mill and Crockett being good bass lakes.  Which one of these offers better bank access?  My 7 yr old has been DYING to catch some largemouth and/or smallmouth bass.  He's caught plenty of catfish, sand bass and blue gill and even a few trout. 

I haven't fished for largemouth or smallmouth in several years and that was mostly in private ponds.  I don't have access to those ponds anymore, so I'm trying to figure out somewhere I can take him any time.

I'm not asking for specific spots because part of his schoolin' will be learning how to look for a good spot.  I'm just wondering which body of water might be better for banking for bass.

And it doesn't have to be just these two lakes.  I live in Princeton, so these are actually pretty far.  So if there's something closer to this area, that would be good too.  But I'm not afraid to travel for good fishing.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

If you really just want bass, try some of the neighborhood ponds.  Just about all have some bass up to 6lb.   It will also be easier with a 7yr old.  Bethany Lakes, Town Lake Mckinney, or Auburn Springs are good places to try.   Check out this link http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/cfl_r2.phtml?r=2

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Thanks.

We go to Towne Lake to catch bluegill.  He threw out a rooster tail a few times the other day trying to catch bass, but then we had to go.  We'll have to just walk the bank of Towne Lake and try different lures out.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

farmersville has Southlake.

-------------------------
Mike
Fish Forever
Work whenever.
Top Bottom