Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2018, 10:51:13 PM

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
78 Spillway fishing?  (Read 28420 times)
Lunker Extreme

Tried it again this morning below the spillway.  Caught one baby 3" sandbass.  Called it early and was home by 8:30 a.m.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Decided to give the spillway a last try before they shut the discharge off.  Got there just before sun up yesterday morning and same thing this morning.  Did pretty good yesterday morning with 11 nice sandbass caught - a couple went 16" and were thick.  I only caught three keepers this morning.  All were caught casting into the middle of the current from the only open gate.  I was using the weighted float and a white crappie jig suspended 6' below it.  I was home by 9:00 a.m. both mornings as the bite stopped and it got too dang hot!

Hoping they will open Little Ridge this week and if so I'll be out on the lake next weekend.  

Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:00:48 PM by redloon
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Looks like it's on again with all the water being released below the dam.  Caught 16 nice sandbass this morning.  Females were full of eggs and fat!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Was the dam still pretty packed?

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

It was fairly packed with 5-10 feet between anglers.  Most people are pretty courteous when lines are crossed and it is inevitable there will be crossed lines and tangles with that many people fishing. 

I've been to Texoma fishing below the dam where it is shoulder to shoulder - combat fishing is what I call that.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

They catching off bridge on 78? Seen several cars parked but no reports.

-------------------------
I don't lie, I'm a fisherman...
Top Bottom  

Lunker

They catching off bridge on 78? Seen several cars parked but no reports.

I waded a half mile or so down the ray hubbard side on 78, there were crappie and sandies being caught with the occasional striper for all of a 12 hour window then ghost mode. The bite started friday night and went into saturday morning.

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Jump to: