Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 04:47:18 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
78 Spillway fishing?  (Read 25333 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

I spent a few hours there yesterday and didn't get much, a few small sandies plus 1 keeper, a couple of drum, a crappie barely bigger than my lure.  But the surprise that made it worth the trip (and dinner) was a nice sized channel cat.  Very surprised that it hit my roadrunner.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Arms are tired from the over 50 drum we caught today.  icon_evil  I did manage to land these beauties though.
The water was moving faster today than it was yesterday when I went out to just see how people were doing.
Drum were biting on EVERYTHING. Anything with chartreuse or plane white and they were hitting it. All of my
white bass except 1 were caught on fresh shad caught there with the cast net. Over 50 in one cast. Tons of shad there.
Buddy caught 2 white bass and 1 15 inch crappie...all on shad.

-------------------------
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work anyday!!!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I went below the Lavon Dam for a couple of hours this morning and caught 16 nice sized sand bass and one 15" hybrid.  I saw another undersized hybrid caught by another fisherman.

If the water keeps flowing this week it is going to be some good fishing next weekend below the dam.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I went below the Lavon Dam for a couple of hours this morning and caught 16 nice sized sand bass and one 15" hybrid.  I saw another undersized hybrid caught by another fisherman.

If the water keeps flowing this week it is going to be some good fishing next weekend below the dam.
So I guess they've made it over the spillway at 78.  What were you using?

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Texdan,

I was using a white roadrunner suspended about 5' under a weighted float.  I was using my 10' surf rod and casting in between the water flowing from the west-most two open gates.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Texdan,

I was using a white roadrunner suspended about 5' under a weighted float.  I was using my 10' surf rod and casting in between the water flowing from the west-most two open gates.

Hmmmm, guess it's time to pull out the big gear!

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Or pull out the float tube and get away from the bank fisherman.  As I was leaving the parking lot I saw someone pumping up a camouflaged float tube.  Is Flipper Joe still around? 

Top Bottom