Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 04:57:23 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Pilot Creek North of Lavon  (Read 3594 times)
Lunker Extreme

Checked it out yesterday to see if the sandies were running.  Caught 2 nice fish pretty quick then nothing for the next 1.5 hours.  Not sure if they are fading off or I was just early in the run.  Caught on white 2.5 grub/chart head.  One I caught right at the 2765 bridge and the other where Indian hits Pilot creek.  Maybe next week?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Have you checked Sister Grove downstream from 1377? Used to find 'em there if there is enough water in the lake. Crappie too. Smaller grub(1.5")?

-------------------------
Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Are the creeks actually connecting to the lake now?

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I drove past it and it was running full but couldnt stop.  Might try to hit it up later this week.  I've caught limits out of there but the walk is a brutal one across that field if it's muddy.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I drove past it and it was running full but couldnt stop.  Might try to hit it up later this week.  I've caught limits out of there but the walk is a brutal one across that field if it's muddy.

So a 69 year old man with bad knees carrying a float tube probably wouldn't be able to handle it too well, huh?   icon_frown

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Cliff I dont think a float tube would do you much good, its pretty narrow and you can cast across it.  I'd pass on carrying anything you dont need.  You can walk straight down 1377 to the creek pretty easy but where I've always caught them was farther downstream at a log jam.  I hauled 2 limits out several years ago across that field in ankle deep water/mud and I was whipped when we got back to the truck.  My buddy hasnt been back because of it I think!

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Thanks.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Well I found a few sandies in Sistergrove this morn. Caught 4 good ones right at the bridge and about 100 yards south but no real numbers. I walked to the south thru the jungle and blanked so gave up, let them go and trudged out. I have much more appreciation for my boat.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: