Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2018, 09:25:49 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Additional Ramps Open as of This Morning  (Read 5711 times)
Lunker

All -

Good news!  With the water level continuing to rise, we were able to open the Ticky Creek, Mallard, and Clearlake South boatramps this morning.

Please enjoy the lake and make sure to wear a properly fitted life jacket any time you are on the water!  

Respectfully,
Ranger Perrin

Top Bottom  

Lunker

-------------------------
McKinney, Texas
1966 13' Classic Boston Whaler
1978 21' Crusader mini-daycruiser

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Good news indeed. Thanks much.

When in doubt, set the hook!
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Any idea if Lakeland
Will be opening also

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Clearlake opened back up = great birthday present!!! rockon

Jimmy Houston got it right: She doesn't have to be a '10,' as long as she likes to fish!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

Happy Birthday LMB_Procrafter.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Thank you, Ken!  Can't wait to make it back out to the Lady this year, much closer than Bonham and Tawok.  Look forward to more activity on the forum this year, too... should be a lot more posts about catching fish instead of just prayers for rain!

Jimmy Houston got it right: She doesn't have to be a '10,' as long as she likes to fish!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

Thank you, Ken!  Can't wait to make it back out to the Lady this year, much closer than Bonham and Tawok.  Look forward to more activity on the forum this year, too... should be a lot more posts about catching fish instead of just prayers for rain!
I agree with that LMB. I hit Joe Pool a few times earlier this year and zeroed. I really have a hard time on that lake and its a fifty mile drive from the house. Not enough TOW there still. Really glad to see East Fork South ramp open. It's about 6  miles from my house. Now if I can find a Saturday with no 25mph wind (small Alumacraft boat) and no cold rain (62 year old worn out body), I am so ready to go find some bass. Weather man saying 60% chance of thunderstorms for Saturday right now. Cross my fingers it well hold off till Saturday evening. Good luck to you if you go out they this weekend  If you see Janet & I out there in a very red Alumacraft. please come over & say hello to us.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

It was nice backing down a four lane ramp this past weekend.  Not worrying about having boat issues and backing things up.  One lane was gonna be hard to handle. 

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Thank you Ranger for the info and post!!

Really appreciate the latest accurate info.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Good luck to you if you go out they this weekend  If you see Janet & I out there in a very red Alumacraft. please come over & say hello to us.

You won't catch me out on the weekends cause of work schedule, I am always on the lake during the week when it's nice and quiet  icon_biggrin  if you do see me (like my user name suggests) I will be in white and blue Procraft fish n' ski... hopefully the guy out there slayin' the bass and/or crappie!  Will keep my eye out for you and your wife.

Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:05:40 AM by LMB_Procrafter

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Hello Ranger Perrin,

What are the plans to open Brockdale back up since the lake is only 3 feet down?

Thanks,

mick

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

came by Brockdale this pm.  A car was parked under shade trees and 3 persons were bank fishing. They said gate was open. Just checked the CORPS website and it said Brockdale was closed due to low water level.

A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Brockdale and Elm Creek Parks are now open.

Please excuse the delay with our website.  It will be updated soon. 

Ranger Perrin

Top Bottom