Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2018, 08:52:26 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Southlake  (Read 2490 times)
Lunker Extreme

I took my tube and fly rod to Southlake in Farmersville this morning for the first time in about three years. The times I had gone there in the past I caught good numbers of bass, but they were all under a pound. Today that changed. I got on the lake about 10:00 and by 11:00 I had caught 9 bass, the biggest were 4.1# and 3#. By the time I left the lake at 3:00 I landed 15 bass between 3/4# and 4#, most of them 2#+.  I took home five between 2 - 2 3/4#, four of them females with eggs in them. I caught all of them on the edge of the reeds, just letting my fly drop slowly and working it in slowly.

4.1# http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/cliffhilbert/IMG_1210_zpsjeropwfi.jpg
Southlake

3# http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/cliffhilbert/IMG_1211_zpsidwlh1bw.jpg
Southlake

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

Congrats Cliff. I know that was a lot of fun on a fly rod. I bet  that was a nice quiet day on the water. WTG & thanks for posting the pictures.

Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:26:09 AM by ken53

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Minnow

I'd caught mostly dinks there in the past with few quality fish between but huge numbers and always encourage anyone that fishes there to cull a limit of decent eater fish as well to try and help improve it with the huge population of stunted bass, I am glad to hear that those efforts may be paying off! I did hook into one that was probably a 7-8lb caliber fish that made a run back into the matt last year on a full moon (supermoon) night in March, she towed the pond prowler fighting me back into the grass and once she got into the matt she had too much weight on her and broke me off, so there are at least some big girls hiding out there. I wish I could get my boat in there now but since I upgraded it's no longer on my list of lakes I can enjoy. At least I don't think I could get it in there... I don't think I would try, it's a 19ft bayliner cobra and the launch there is pretty shallow usually. I suppose if the water was high enough it could be managed and the trolling motor is plenty to fish the entire lake with.

I really wish I could still fish Meunster though. That lake has true monsters in it, literally schools of 7-10lb'ers out there, it's a real hidden gem of a fishery!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Nice fish.

Mike
Fish Forever
Work whenever.
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Muenster Lake sounds like fun. How long a drive is it from Plano?

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Muenster Lake sounds like fun. How long a drive is it from Plano?

Google says an hour and a half.

Jimmy Houston got it right: She doesn't have to be a '10,' as long as she likes to fish!
Top Bottom