Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2018, 11:16:37 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Mercury Throttle Control  (Read 3134 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

So getting the boat out went great except for breaking the handle on the throttle control.  I am looking for a replacement.  Only found one on ebay and did not like the price. 

-------------------------
Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Bummer! Hollar at me next time you feel that need to get out...Got mine back in the slip now. icon_cool

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Bummer! Hollar at me next time you feel that need to get out...Got mine back in the slip now. icon_cool

I am probably going to order tomorrow and hopefully easy to swap out.  Can't seem to just buy a handle anywhere.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

You having to buy the whole control group?  icon_eek OUCH !!! What made the handle break anyway? Cables damaged,or sticking or something? I have a generic 2-lever control assembly you can have if you want it.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I haven't seen parts for it, but still looking.  The handle grip to take it out of neutral broke from dry rot.  Just old plastic. 

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Also has the ignition switch built into it.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Iboats.com or WholesaleMarine.com may be able to get that,if they don't have it in stock...Surely Mercury has a parts breakdown for that controller somewhere, but maybe only Mercury dealers are privy to it. icon_frown

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Still haven't located parts, but I can call the repair shops tomorrow.  I know there are parts, but might not be able to get them, otherwise about 240 bucks to replace entire control box.  Old blue deserves a little upgrade!

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Joe you may wanna try this guy he has a ton of parts and he will mail the parts.    http://ljmarine.com/

"Whale Chaser"
-Making fish famous since 2008-
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Joe you may wanna try this guy he has a ton of parts and he will mail the parts.    http://ljmarine.com/

Thanks Johnny.  Will call in the morning.  This is the kind of place I was looking for. 

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Hey let me know if you're still looking for that control. I have a brand new complete unit, still in box. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Hey let me know if you're still looking for that control. I have a brand new complete unit, still in box. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Also just FYI, the controls went to a 150 Black Max. The boat already had controls so the controls that came with the new motor wasn't needed. Pm if interested. thanks!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Can you send me  pic on here or text me one.  214 926 7560

I found a part, but I could replace the whole thing if I don't need too many connecting parts.  Does this have trim switch and ignition?

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I ended up having something break at home and so I searched again and found a schematic.  Was able to order the handle and any component actually, but the numbers were off or I don't understand the system.  Got the part today and it is an exact match!  Guess I will take the thing apart tomorrow and slap this on.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Sweet, glad you found the proper part , still a few monster blues waiting to be caught.

"Whale Chaser"
-Making fish famous since 2008-
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: