Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 01:01:09 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Where might Sandies be in March April?  (Read 7754 times)
Lunker

Weather expected to get warmer.YEA!   We are senior active kayak fishermen.  Eager to get out on Lavon, Hubbard or White Rock.  Will the crappie and sandies be getting ready to spawn soon?  If so what might be some areas to fish?  OK not asking for your honey hole. Appreciate any General info.  Not ready to do "combat fishing at Rowlett creek. In summer know they are on lake.

Miss Carey's informative posts since he moved to Texoma.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Sandies are creatures of habit and can be caught year round on Lavon. Two weeks ago they were thick as thieves in 28 foot of water suspended at 22 to 26 feet gorgin on shad.

Use the search function and go back a year from now and start lookin at Carey's post. Last year's data will be good this year too.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker

David thank you.  More rain forecast good.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sandies are creatures of habit and can be caught year round on Lavon. Two weeks ago they were thick as thieves in 28 foot of water suspended at 22 to 26 feet gorgin on shad.

Use the search function and go back a year from now and start lookin at Carey's post. Last year's data will be good this year too.

That's excellent advice and a great way to research. Thank You!!

Rainbow Boat Club
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Found a few, a  nice, fat 17 inch Crappie Wednesday, and 3 keeper Sandies.  Trolling in my Hobie kayak across lake from East Fork to Glass House, BE and back.

Caught on a small diver and chartreuse jig.  Talked with 2 other fisherman they said  it is slow.  Been hard to find a day with less wind to get out comfortably in my Kayak. 
Thankful for the rain nice to see Lavon level up!!!

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Kept 3 sandies for dinner Wednesday. A 12", 13" and 15" all on a Bomber Model A just trolling along admiring the scenery and serenity (at least till the drag boats decided to come out and play - lol). Was close to the point across from East Fork - I think that's the "glass house" y'all talk about? Spent a few hours before that lookin' for crappie all up and down the west arm of the lake without any luck. But it was a beautiful day to finally be back on the water!

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Bill, Yes across from East Fork, Glass House GH with large windows second story.  To the East is  BE Baptist Encampment shore line marked by 3 Crosses about 100 yards back from water edge.  Took me awhile
to figure out the abbreviations.

Glad you Bomb some.

I enjoyed my Crappie nothing like Fresh fish!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

wouldn't know anything about them damn drag boats  icon_rolleyes

memory lane is only a 1/4 mile long
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Actually, brought back fond memories of my '68 Camaro with the 60 over 427... back when gas was 74 cents a gallon. icon_lol

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Just trolling around between the Glass House and Clear Lake in about 15 feet of water, most were hanging between 6-10 feet. Threw a couple back that were also around 14", but too skinny to bother fileting.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

Just trolling around between the Glass House and Clear Lake in about 15 feet of water, most were hanging between 6-10 feet. Threw a couple back that were also around 14", but too skinny to bother fileting.

... a promise of things to come when they can close the gates again.

Neil
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Seen a few come out of the creek below the dam, not many though...

I don't lie, I'm a fisherman...
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Seen a few come out of the creek below the dam, not many though...
Did you do any good Jeff?  Was gonna go last Thu. but had to work instead.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Had fun catching drum about as fast as you could throw out down on the
creek @ hwy 78, other than that it was pretty much dead. One catfish and
one yellow bass...

I don't lie, I'm a fisherman...
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Had fun catching drum about as fast as you could throw out down on the
creek @ hwy 78, other than that it was pretty much dead. One catfish and
one yellow bass...
Did you try eating them?  I tried a couple a few weeks ago, meat was whiter than a sandie, not too bad....

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: