Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 03:09:49 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down
Lake Level  (Read 50430 times)

Lunker

Not to jinx anything, but she's almost a foot higher than this time last year. The screen capture below came from this site, which will let you click on and view levels from 2010 to now:  http://lavon.uslakes.info/Level.asp

-------------------------
When in doubt, set the hook!
Top Bottom  
Lunker

I like seeing the rising level in the recent days.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

ll is the highest it has been in 18 months. with the ground saturated, any more rain will runoff. once all the flood control lakes fill back up, all will be in the lake eventually. a normal march/april should get the lake high enough to launch a boat at least. grass waterers are rejoicing. http://lavon.uslakes.info/Level.asp

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Promising, just got to keep raining this spring...Would be awesome to see it fill back up...

I don't lie, I'm a fisherman...
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

The sooner the better. Seems like forever since I have been able to launch my boat and fish. Can't wait for the ramps to open!

John

I have come to the conclusion that I know everything about nothing and nothing about everything
Top Bottom  
Lunker

The sooner the better. Seems like forever since I have been able to launch my boat and fish. Can't wait for the ramps to open!
any word or historical knowledge of when and/or if ramps will be usable/opened? this winter won't last forever, and i am jonesing for a crappie filet or ten.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Most guys on here have more knowledge on this than I do but my suspicion is that if it keeps rising at the rate it is rising they could possibly have at least one open within a month.

John

I have come to the conclusion that I know everything about nothing and nothing about everything
Top Bottom  
Lunker

It's good to see Sister Grove Creek actaully flowing.  I think it 's been well over a year since that happened.  Now we need a 4 or 6 inch rain and it would do some real filling of Lavon.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Amen to that!!! Would be great to see the Lady at full pool once again!  Highland boat ramp with water on it........

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I was up North of the lake on Sunday and lakes up there looked pretty much filled and there was water standing on the ground. I'm interested to see how much rise we get from this "light rain" we get today and tonight.
The overgrown vegetation everywhere could really mess up a lot of shallow water areas for a while if she does fill up. But let her fill orangeyes. All that decaying vegetation will be good fertilizer and maybe cause a big boon to the fish populations.

Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Wow,482 today & still rising...That means there's enough water in my slip to put the boat back in there,IF I had a big ole HUEY to air-lift it in for me! (bummer)  icon_cry

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I'm interested to see how much rise we get from this "light rain" we get today and tonight....

If the "light rain" in Princeton was anything like what I saw in Garland today, I'd bet a cold one that it reaches 483 by the weekend.

When in doubt, set the hook!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I'll see your cold one and raise one cheap cigar that we easily go over 483.

Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

just got back from the lake, put on my waders and walked in... besides the rivers and creeks, there are several good streams flowing into the lake. I'm almost sure the lake will be higher than 483 by the weekend.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Water is flowing good here. I agree that it should surpass 483 this weekend. Especially if it continues to rain the way they are predicting. Looking forward to those ramps opening up. Hopefully with the new pipeline and some rain we won't have to worry about it getting this low for a long time.

John

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up

Jump to: