Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 02:22:40 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Public Service Announcement - Contrasting Registration #'s  (Read 1141 times)
LLF Fishing Addict

Well saw Leroy at Little Ridge yesterday and he was a busy fellow! Seems like a lot of folks and I mean a whole lot of folks didn't pay much attention to the TP&W regulations concerning TX registration numbers displayed on their boats. Regulations call for the numbers to contrast with the boat so they can easily be read.

Black numbers on a dark color boat are hard to read folks & so is white numbers on light colored boats! I hadn't really paid much attention to this but once I started lookin it was a bunch of boats that fell into this category.

Now Leroy was handing out polite verbal warning yesterday but there is no guarantee that the "warning" will be the same in the future.

So, check dem numbers and make sure they are contrasting numbers as me thinks the "warnings" are only a very short term result of something else that is planned in the future! Tickets will always cut into fishin spendin funds and numbers are cheap at Academy and Wally World.

Public Service announcement is ova! It was nice to chat with Leroy yesterday!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Thanks for the reminder and the warning. Easy to forget this. Many of us try to get numbers that look good on the boat which often means they don't contrast properly.

-------------------------
John

I have come to the conclusion that I know everything about nothing and nothing about everything
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: