Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 07:36:28 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Little Ridge Ramp Update  (Read 15015 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

As I stated in an earlier Thread ..

The old ramp at LR ramp is in bad shape. Everything that was done last year is gone.
I have discussed the ramp situation with he lake manager and made a official volunteer request including a concrete contractor (Holloway Concrete Co.)
We met out at the ramp with my  concrete contractor and one his Rangers to discuss a plan for a better fix to the old ramp. So the wheels are now turning.
We have a preliminary Design and Quote for a new Slab to poured and attached to the existing old ramp.
This design was sent for engineering approval by the lake manager Mr. Kinard Monday. Hopefully they approve and we can move forward.

This is NOT definite yet... Here is the proposal

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

So would contributions help the COE make a decision? And, if so, where do we contribute $$$ and/or materials to help the COE get this deal done/approved.

Budgets are tight everywhere and I'm sure the COE is no different. That gonna take at least 5.5 to 6 yds of crete by my rudimentary figuring. Most likely more. Plus backfill material, rebar, ties, some drillin, etc. Lumber for forms. Bunch of stuff, plus some heavy back labour! But it is a very good & most cost effective fix to the ramp problem! Smiley

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I would be willing to pitchin a little cash and a lot of labor. I have tools, and skills. 972-795-0061

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I am willing to pitch in on anything I can.   

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Thanks for all your work Jason

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Our lavon corp guys are on board. All we need is the egineer approval of the design. Holloway concrete has quoted the entire job and they will have a crew there to do it. This job needs to be done by a company that knows what there doing. The corp will then place more riprap along the edges to help prevent erosion.

They will cover a certain amount with in there limited budget.
I have volunteered us to cover anything above there limit.
So, if all goes right, the only thing we may need is money.

Tex is in charge of getting commitments for donations. I think we are already up to $700. So don't say I will give this or that much on here.  Contact him and tell him directly with how much you are willing to help with. 

This is a full truck job. They are planning it heavy. So those thickness are the minimums. I believe it's 10 to 11 yards.
I am supposed to discuss what  funding and how much after the Christmas break.  After that's happens we can discuss the exact details   

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Excellent - THANK YOU to jjason & Tex for your efforts!  I will be in touch with Tex soon.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Thats awesome guys!  Great Job!  Keep us posted.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

Thanks for the interest in helping with the fundraising.  Please PM me or give me a call with your pledge amount.  Trying to see exactly where we stand.

817-988-5468

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

If we have decent weather, the work on the ramp could take place as early as next week.  Anyone wishing to contribute needs to have the $$ to me mid next week if possible.  I will be home the next few days so you can drop it by my house or I can meet you somewhere.  Payment needs to be made at completion of the concrete work so I want the $$$ in hand. 

Tex
817-988-5468

Top Bottom