Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2018, 05:57:44 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Yak Mods 2.0 - depth finder  (Read 1643 times)

Lunker

So when I purchased my depth finder I got some solid advice on the make a model for my application. When I mentioned I was installing it on a kayak the fella referred me to a mounting bracket, so to speak, that was for my specific applicaiton, a scupper mount. I thought "Less time engineering my own mount means more time on the water!" So I snag that bad boy up and make a bee line for the register.

I get home, get out to the shop where all things that us mad scientist do takes place! Take everything out of the package ready to fit it all up, already thinking about what the water will be like the next day since I was obviously going to have the booger in place in a matter of minutes when whoop The mount goes right thru my scupper hole! "What the ?!" This is a family site so I'll leave out the bulk of my actual response. Come to find out my yak has larger than average scupper ports.

So I hit the forums for the family of yak I own and wouldn't you know it there was another fella out there with the same basic issue. OldGems I raise my cup to thee! His simple $6 fix was perfect and even better it was for free for me because I happen to have the component he used. I had done a recent upgrade on the bathroom sink faucet in my girls' bathroom. But I didn't need to replace the drain at that time. I thought "Hek I'll just leave it under the sink and if I need it, its there!"

"SWIPE!!"

The rest is in the pics below!

-------------------------
I don't always tell people where I fish. But when I do, it's a LIE!!!!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

additional pics

-------------------------
I don't always tell people where I fish. But when I do, it's a LIE!!!!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

very cool, like the pedals

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Great mod!!!!  Have a fish finder on a kayak is great feature.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: