Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 07:54:58 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
New to Lavon w/ yak  (Read 2794 times)
Minnow

Hi, I'm new to Lavon when it comes to kayaking and was curious if anyone is interested in meeting up and doing some fishing on the weekends. Maybe show me some pointers with the yak.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Hello, I am fairly new to Lavon myself. Just got a kayak myself. I also have a nice large canoe that I use  that can fit two people comfortably. I would love to meet up and fish, especially if we target sand bass and crappie etc... I kill it on catfish, but dont have much experience with catching the other fish in numbers.
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h431/jfw20/IMG_0549.jpg
New to Lavon w/ yak

Caught this guy last friday morning   icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Would love to team up and have a go. Have experience catching all fish but in past have targeted Crappie and just about anything that loves a road runner. If you enjoy catfish I know Collin Park marina has them thick around tires but mainly feeding at surface lazily and hard to entice with traditional bait

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Nice fish.  Bet that was fun to land in your lap

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Yeah it was a pretty wild time, after taking the pic and letting him go I had to paddle to shore with my hands  icon_eek
Note to self, paddle clip or at least leash.

We should plan a crappie / bass trip, I really want to learn to catch them in deep water icon_biggrin if we didnt do too well and get bored im fairly confident we could get into some cat action if we are in the north end of the west arm of the lake. Would like to hit another area though so much water to learn!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

would love to meet up with my yakers on lavon.  I caught nice blue while in my yak and it was game one.  I was crappie fishing and this pig just took my jig.  Well I fought him and got him next to me and this big sucker was not in my lap.  hook straightened out and I was happy.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Where does everyone traditionally put in? Normally i'm by the damn and lavonia but attempted to put in at Collin Park with very little success do to wind. Could rig out some coolers for minnows and we would be guaranteed some crappie if they are biting.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

What are you guys doing saturday,  I think I might make it out there with the sun for a trip.  7 ish ?

I have been launching from brockdale, though you better be ready for a hike to the shore Smiley like I said very new only fished lavon 5 times total. So this was just the closest ramp for me to get to. I love it so far, had fun banking it over there too. Hope sat morning can work its the only time I can hit the water this week. icon_confused

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Working at BPS in Grapevine all weekend.  Huge Archery sales.  Come by and see me. I will be there in my Bear Archery shooter's shirt.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Sale through the 15th?Over the weekend I was going to try lavonia, East fork toward the glass house, and pebble beach toward ticky creek. Open to suggestions

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Im down for whatever, I keep reading about glass house, is thst a building on shore or some structure in the water?? Haha
I would love to check out bratonia, or if you have a kayak cart I have a couple spots near brockdale I feel like might have some fish Smiley would youmake it saturday morning around 7?

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Saturday 7 is good where we talking? Brockdale? This is a new part of the lake for me and wouldn't mind getting schooled up on a new location... Glass house is a house directly across from Collin park that people use as a reference point. It tends to offer up some good crappie and the sand bass run across that point as well. I know as far as fishing the location it is considerably better if you have a depth finder do to the submerged debris and trees that extend into the 15 to 20 ft range. Can't see the stumps but they are there.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

If you happen to know the location of the submerged road beds I've heard they tend to hold a ton of sandies and baitfish

Top Bottom  
Lunker

No idea about the road beds unless I just got lucky and stumbled accross one. I have a depth finder portable, its trash thovdoeent work  icon_confused
How about this lets go to brockdale and we can look for sandies and crappie, but if we have no luck we can have some fun and get some cats. Sound good? Im going to pm you with my phone number.

Top Bottom