Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 04:17:49 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Disappointed with World Champion  (Read 3070 times)
Lunker Extreme

That's right, folks, I am greatly disappointed with our World Champion. A few days ago he posted that the bluegill were all around the marina and the tires in 1'-4' of water. So this morning I went ALL THE WAY to Leroy's and picked up a bunch of crickets and took them along with my float tube and 8 1/2', 4-wt fly rod (to use as a cane pole basically) and went to Collin Park Marina expecting to come home with a whole bunch of bluegill. I fished around the marina for a little while and didn't get a bite, nothing! Then I went to the tires and only caught ONE LITTLE BLUEGILL!! Can you believe that our WORLD CHAMPION WOULD MISLEAD US SO BADLY!!!

However, all was not lost because I did catch a bunch of those nasty, slimy good-for-nothing catfish. I brought home 20 of those filthy creatures - most were 14"-15", but 3 of them went 19"-20". I ended up with a 1 gal. ziplok bag of fillets. Next time, Carey, I think I'll take my 7-wt rod because wrestling those cats from between the tubes was a little difficult with my 4-wt.  icon_mrgreen I think the barometric pressure was so high, 30.09, that the bluegill went deeper. But catching the kitties was fun!!! icon_biggrin

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/cliffhilbert/IMG_1116_zps8e4aebf8.jpg
Disappointed with World Champion

Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:55:49 PM by Cliff Hilbert
Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

Reason u didn't catch them is: your not the World Champ!

-------------------------
Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Carey, that was the first time that I've fished at Collin Park and the tires, and now I understand why so many people fish them during the crappie spawn. I'll bet the crappie are thick in there during the springtime!

Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:41:59 PM by Cliff Hilbert
Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

Carey, that was the first time that I've fished at Collin Park and the tires, and now I understand why so many people fish them during the crappie spawn. I'll bet the crappie are think in there during the springtime!

When the lake is low: rocks and tires. They spawn inside the tires and on the cables

-------------------------
Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Very nice!

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I went back to Collin Park again today with a  bunch of crickets, hoping to catch some more catfish around the tires and maybe some bream.  In three hours I got one bite, that was it - one lousy bite. Oh well, it'll be better next time.

Top Bottom