Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 12:05:15 PM

Poll
Question: Could we use a forum dedicated to the education ,tips,& tricks, etc. on the use of all the modern boating electronics that many of us are upgrading to,and trying to learn on our own?
YES, I would read and contribute to that. - 10 (90.9%)
No,I would rather just study the manuals and spend TOW to learn on my own. - 1 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Boating Electronics Forum  (Read 2360 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

If there is sufficient interest in having a new forum like this added to the site then MAYBE Shawn or Adam would be so kind as to create it for us ?  I just thought it is something that many of us could benefit from.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Example : Can you save waypoints on an SD card in your Humminbird unit,and later move that card to another boat with a Lowrance unit , and goto those waypoints ?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Great ideer but others have requested other categories be added and the site cannot handle anymore additions. Only way to add is to give sumpin up. I would like to see a boating electronics forum here so I don't have to go to that other forum!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I like it. We have a few forums that are not busy maybe we can change them to this one.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Well,if there aint room for it,we'll just keep using this forum as we have been...Just thought it would be nice to have it 's own space...Oh well...

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

There hasn't been a post in the Open Tournaments forum in over a year, might be a good candidate to archive. 

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Ken hasn't used the NTTC tournament section in over two years. Just sayin.........

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

So,Back to my sample question...Can you ,or, Can you not move an SD memory card back and forth between the Humminbird where it was recorded on,to a Lowrance unit on another boat,and goto your waypoints from there? Is there any encriptions , different formatting,or anything like that ,that one brand of unit would do differently from the others? (I aint no computer wiz,so I dont know these things  icon_redface)

Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:57:45 PM by RonnieD
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

So,Back to my sample question...Can you ,or, Can you not move an SD memory card back and forth between the Humminbird where it was recorded on,to a Lowrance unit on another boat,and goto your waypoints from there? Is there any encriptions , different formatting,or anything like that ,that one brand of unit would do differently from the others? (I aint no computer wiz,so I dont know these things  icon_redface)

yes is the answer. But me no puter expert either. MikeB did my unit from Lowrance to my 1197. he made it look easy. I will tell him to chime in with all the nerdy details icon_mrgreen

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

The short answer is no you cannot take an sd card from a lowrance unit and put it in a hummingbird or vice versa. You will need to download your waypaoints from the lowrance unit to an sd card. Upload them to a computer. Get the conversion software from hummingbird which is free. Convert the uploaded waypoints to humminbird's format and then download that back to the sd card. Put the sd card in the hummingbird and the unit will upload the waypoints. MikeB can tell ya how to do all that!

Now if'n you have an old Lowrance or Eagle unit, they don't like the newer HDSD cards. So you may have to find an older sd card to make it all work out.

Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:01:52 PM by DavidP

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Ok,thats good info,BUT, What I was plannin to do wuz...To CREATE some new waypoints on the new Humminbird unit on the Lowe boat,with a new SD card to save em on, then , (if & when I ever get the pontoon back on the water),I'd like to use the Lowrance Elite  5 on the toon, to goto those saved waypoints...That would save me from having to install a new Humminbird transducer,wiring harness,mounting bracket,& all that stuff on the toon ,and then move the head unit back and forth between the two boats. BUT,If'n we dont git no more rain to fill the lake back up,then this whole idea is a non-issue anyway  icon_cry

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: