Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2018, 06:09:13 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
hummingbird 598ci SI Combo Fish Finder  (Read 2224 times)

Lunker Extreme

So far I like the unit but I have two slight issues I need help with.

1. I'm having a stream of water shooting up from the transducer.

2. The transducer is on the left side of the transom, so, I'm havng a slight interference at low (idle) speeds. I've played with the speed option but it did not help.

Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:33:08 AM by Jager
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

edited.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Sounds like your transducer cable is picking up "noise " from electrical wires pressed up close to it...may need to re-route the cable,or move the transducer to the other side  icon_eek OOPS,That would mean drilling more holes in your boat,and I know how you hate that! icon_lol
Oh,don't worry about # 1

Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:29:55 PM by RonnieD
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

The water shooting up from the transducer is from a opening in the bracket.. My unit came with a filler plug to insert into that opening.. This stopped about 90% of the water shooting up.. Check your box and see if you had any extra parts that look like a square filler plug..

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

The water shooting up from the transducer is from a opening in the bracket.. My unit came with a filler plug to insert into that opening.. This stopped about 90% of the water shooting up.. Check your box and see if you had any extra parts that look like a square filler plug..

It's weird, I saw that piece and didn't know what it was and there are no instructions for it anywhere... any how, I installed it, I hope it cures the rooster tail.

Thanks!

Now I need to figure out how to eliminate the disturbance on the right side of my SI.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Now I need to figure out how to eliminate the disturbance on the right side of my SI.

Just a thought here...I just remembered your boat having that high mounted motor with that tunnel flow thing in the hull,and the prop being high up in the water column...may be churning the water within the side view of the transducer Huh? Since your problem is only on one side,and that is the side that the prop is from the transducer...I hope that's NOT the issue,cause that would be a tough fix. Is there anything else sticking out from the bottom of the transom, like a pump intake screen, or a speed sensor,or anything else? But then again,(on second thought) maybe it was just that rooster tail from the transducer causing it,but if so,seems like that would affect both sides... I don't know , Just  thinkin" out loud here  icon_redface

Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:20:41 AM by RonnieD
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Just a thought here...I just remembered your boat having that high mounted motor with that tunnel flow thing in the hull,and the prop being high up in the water column...may be churning the water within the side view of the transducer Huh? Since your problem is only on one side,and that is the side that the prop is from the transducer...I hope that's NOT the issue,cause that would be a tough fix. Is there anything else sticking out from the bottom of the transom, like a pump intake screen, or a speed sensor,or anything else? But then again,(on second thought) maybe it was just that rooster tail from the transducer causing it,but if so,seems like that would affect both sides... I don't know , Just  thinkin" out loud here  icon_redface

I can't think of anything else,,, When putting on that rooster tail plug on yesterday, I noticed the transducer was a little loose, I doubt that was the cause of the clutter on one side but I tightened it and hope the problem goes away...

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

When you start your side scanning you should be at idle speed.. Rember to trim your motor up some so you get the lower unit out of the way.. You are going to see some prop wash on the side that scans toward motor... Just play around with trimmimg the motor up and see if that helps..

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

When you start your side scanning you should be at idle speed.. Rember to trim your motor up some so you get the lower unit out of the way.. You are going to see some prop wash on the side that scans toward motor... Just play around with trimmimg the motor up and see if that helps..

Thanks,
I'll try that.
I need to play with trimming the motor and matching my speed with the unit speed to see if that works.  I think I tried both of those on the first day but since it was my first time and I was watching for other things I don't remember.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: