Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2018, 10:36:21 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Strange day at Lake Davy Crockett  (Read 2237 times)
Lunker Extreme

For over 30 years I could go to this lake in May and June and catch 75-100 bream each trip. Earlier this year TP&WD "fixed" the lake by lowering it to kill some of the vegetation. Why, I have no idea because the reeds were where the fish hid and spawned. The lake has not filled up and is about 10' low. I found only one area of bream beds and caught about a dozen off it. The first fish I hooked however, was a 3# largemouth that went back down in the lily pads and broke off. I was flyfishing using my 7', 3-wt rod with a black woolly bugger on a #12 hook which is rather small. I caught two more bass, one was 2# and the other about 1#, and had another spit the fly before I got a look at him. I also caught a nice 2 1/2# catfish on the same fly. But I only took home a total of 16 bream, which is what I went up there for, and one catfish.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/cliffhilbert/IMG_1086_zps9a86fd75.jpg
Strange day at Lake Davy Crockett

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

we used to go to this lake before they lowered it just for bass fishin . you had a great trip  icon_cool with it bein 10 ft low still . i guess you used a jon boat or kayak  icon_question  that lake is always fun  icon_biggrin only species you was missin outta that lake was a crappie or 2  icon_mrgreen  ... do the arms have any water in them  icon_question

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I used my float tube when I was there. The arms still do have water in them up to a point. I saw a couple of bass boats that went to the back of the lake but no further than the end of the island.

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

Nice size bream. That lake was fun when it was full.

Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  

Lunker

me and my best friend

Does anyone know if the brim are on beds yet at lavon ?

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

Use live crickets around the slips. 1-5 ft down.

Floating tire reef, 1-5 ft down.

Dam, they r everywhere there. Fish for them like crappie. I had about 3-4 (8-10inch) sunfish follow my crank bait to the boat. They came off the bottom in 4-8 ft of water. Bobber and 3-6 ft should get them.

Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Where can I buy crickets around Lavon?

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: