Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2018, 10:54:08 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Bluegill  (Read 3161 times)

Lunker

me and my best friend

I have just started fishing lavon  can anyone tell me if ther are any good bluegill on this lake, if so when is the best time to fish them. any help on this will be great.. Thanks guys

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Lots of nice bluegill in Lavon. Larger ones are usually in deeper water in summer and will need a boat or slip to find em. Smaller ones can be caught easily around structure in shaller water from mid-May to October.

The spawn usually is best from mid May, maybe 3rd week of May to Mid June. If you can find some shallow water with structure with preferably a hard bottom like clay or gravel, you can just slay them big bull males on crickets. Use a small bobber, small split shot weight & number 8 tru-turn hook. Set bobber for no more than a foot deep and fish in the beds you found. Fishin is fast and furious as those males will just slam anything that gets close to the beds. Lots of fun and mighty fine table fare too!

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker

me and my best friend

That's good to hear I love catching and eating bluegill, I use to fish them in the back waters of the Mississippi river. I got a boat a few weeks ago ready to try them out at Lavon. Thanks for your input

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

What part of Mississippi? I grew up in Natchez & fished a lot of the bar ditches in La. off the river & the "old river"

Don

-------------------------
Married men don't live longer, it just seems longer!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

me and my best friend

Im from maben just west of Starkville.  We fished in the delta a lot.  Some in lake village.  Look for me i put in at collins maybe you can help me find the brim

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I grew up 15 miles east of Oxford. Fished Clear creek and Sardis some.  Usually just the big pond by our house though.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

me and my best friend

Go BULL DAWGS!!!!   icon_lol

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Since you're from Mississippi you're no doubt crawfish eaters and SEC fans. You're welcome to come to our annual LSU Crawfish Boil and Dance tomorrow. As long as you bring your money we don't care what school you went to.  icon_lol

www.lsualumnidallas.com 

Top Bottom  

Lunker

me and my best friend

Thank you for the invite cliff will have to pass though fishing in the morning then to waco for a baseball tournament.  Thanks again! HAIL STATE! !!!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: