Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 06:24:02 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Insert Big Fish Here  (Read 6189 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

C'mon.

-------------------------
Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Lol

Whats second place?lolol

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I don't take pics, they have coordinates imbedded and folks would think it was photo-shopped anyways!  icon_lol icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Well, I waiting for someone to tell their story, but here is a pic for entertainment.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Well, I waiting for someone to tell their story, but here is a pic for entertainment.

Please feel free to tell the story.
I'm still recovering from the trip.   icon_redface

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Well, gee.....

Hit Tawakoni yesterday and was hoping to get on some fishing before the rain hit.  It turned out to not rain and be a beautiful day on the lake.  As we drive up to the first location, we push a fish of size and decide to just stop and fish in the open.  Took a little while, but we finally got a good bite and Drew landed a 36 pounder.  It was bleeding in the boat and noticed that its tail was mostly missing.  Then realized that its mouth had been torn open and healed back, so it was one rough looking critter - Drew had pretty much caught his own twin....   icon_lol   The bite slowed, so we moves to a spot where some big fish have been caught.  It was really slow there, but about the time we were getting ready to move, the big bite came.  Drew locked into a hoss of a fish that was heck bent on getting into the timber.  Really strange battle of tug of war took place, but we realized that it had gotten into a tangled mess of lines and crap that people leave in the lake.  A bunch of it floated up after the fish tore through it.  We get it by the boat and I somehow get it in the net, but the fish got its head over one side and with one tail kick it swam back out.  Another try and we landed the fish.  While looking it over, we see a line hanging out of the fish's rear.  I investigate further and realize that there is a hook in there too!  any pressure on it and the fish would crap all over everything.  The hook was not all the way through and only the eye could be seen.  Being the nice guys we are, we wanted the hook out.  Most attempts failed until I was finally able to push back on the bend of the hook.  It came out and the fish freaked out.  It was 61 pounds of fury with a sore anus.  That hurt.  We get the fish back in and she smiled at me as she swam away.  After a quick discussion about which was better, a hook in the mouth or a hook in the anus, we got back to fishing.  Didn't catch another there, so moved again.  Got into some eater action and caught several when I swing a hook and it hit me right in the finger and with the same motion I jerked it through.  Luckily it wasn't my mouth or anus, but the bleeding was uncontrollable.  I keep first aid gear with me, so alcohol and bandages were applied.  Eventually left for a different leg of the lake because I had not caught anything of size.   icon_redface  Got into the eaters again and them I had a good run on my big bait.  Set the hook and we had a good one.  It ran into timber under the boat.  I was thinking that the leader would not hold, so we were trying to net the fish while wrapped up.  Drew got it in the net, but my line was still around the stump.  I tried to free it, but gave up and was then trying to rib it against the stump until it broke, but then IT happened!  Drew, in retaliation for letting that other fish swim out of the net, turns the dipnet up and dumps the fish back in!  I have to quickly grab the rod again and now I am fighting a fish with a terribly destroyed leader.  Not sure how, but the fish was caught despite Drew's obvious attempt at sabotage.  That pretty much ended our day and we left.  Long, fun, and strange day......

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

That was a whale of a tale! WTG on that 61# ! So how big was the other one?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well sounds about the right kind of commotion with two rookies in da boat!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol Nice kitty Drew!  icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

That was a whale of a tale! WTG on that 61# ! So how big was the other one?

35 was all.   Just like fish that pull back! 

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Meh...that tale is "close enough" to the truth.

I gathered bait the previous afternoon at Polebender's favorite fishing hole...(See link)

http://forum.lakelavonfishing.com/index.php/topic,23198.msg210608.html#msg210608

The bait gathering was a real chore in and of itself, but I persevered and got enough for our trip.
The menu item we offered was key in our endeavor for success...they loved them some bluegill.

It is my hope that Joe will post a pic of his fish, as I don't have one of it.

Here's my twin...I call it a "Bankfisher Special" (Dave gets the joke...)

This fish had real "character" and was quite the acrobat...considering it's disabilities.
It jumped two feet straight up out of the water after the hookset...just like Shamu.
It was awesome to watch...wish I had video of it.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Here's the big girl shortly after "Proctologist Polebender" finished surgery.
It did get rather old listening to Joe say "Wanna smell my finger?" the rest of the day. icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Here is that fish.  

Was that all the fun I could have with that story?  Give up on the twin comment....  

Only piece of underhandedness was that link.......  Now I know what it is like for movie stars and the paparazzi.....  No proctologist jokes?  So you did dump that fish!

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Nice trip you two, congrats on that Toad Drew, may have been an over share of a report but a good report.

Jim
Fishing Time is my Chilling Time!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Was that all the fun I could have with that story?  Give up on the twin comment.... 

Weeeellll...there is the little tidbit about your fish coming outta deep water...

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

may have been an over share of a report but a good report.

icon_lol

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: