Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 03:02:02 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
crawfish for bait?  (Read 3226 times)

Lunker Extreme

Anybody like to  use them?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Crawfish and shrimp are for human consumption.   icon_lol  learn to throw a cast net and get some shad or perch.  It will pay off on the fishing.  If you are looking to just have some bait always around for catching, then the punch baits seem to be the best.  They always catch some channel cats and never go bad.

-------------------------
Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I have a cast net.  Not a very big one, but my question was does anybody use them for bait.  Now I love to eat them by the pound at Nate's Seafood in Addison.

icon_biggrin

I use shad and perch for cats as well.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

yep, make good bait and kitties luv em too. Once they start to migrate or if the lady ever fills up and runs dem mud bugs out of the ground, the kitties will be stuffed with em. Most fish regardless of species is a creature of opportunistic grocery shoppin. They will eat whut is most available and easiest to get. That will be shad cuz crawdads are not in great supply all the time for a catfish.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Tried'em a couple of times for cats without much luck in small lakes. Won't stay alive long once they're put on a hook and nothing much will eat'em dead. Can't cast'em very hard either or they come off or get torn up.

Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Sandbass love them, either dead or alive, whole or in pieces.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

seems to work better when the tadpoles are hatching and all the baby crawfish are coming out. other than that time of the year I don't use them.. and thats only when I dont have shad

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: