Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2018, 04:56:22 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
fishing below dam  (Read 8168 times)
Minnow

Has any one been fishing below the dam lately if so and what was caught below there

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

guess not  icon_biggrin  i havent been down there since they quit lettin water out 4 or 5 yrs ago

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Not even sure you could get down there from Hwy 78 due to all the construction on north side of 78.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

When I tried to go down there a few weeks ago, they had it all closed off and you couldn't even get below the dam.  Not sure as to why, though.

The fishing is always better on the other side of the lake.
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

When I tried to go down there a few weeks ago, they had it all closed off and you couldn't even get below the dam.  Not sure as to why, though.
It's been like that for quite a while now.  I'm guessing it's due to the construction on 78 although don't know why other than the water being very shallow. Wonder how deep it is below the dam right now?

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

I chatted with flipper joe. He said they closed it due to the major poaching, and most of all -people trashing the place.  River was so low u could walk anywhere. People were leaving a ridiculous amount of trash. River was so low they were netting up all the fish. Gill net city.

Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  

Lunker

When I tried to go down there a few weeks ago, they had it all closed off and you couldn't even get below the dam.  Not sure as to why, though.

Not sure this has any truth to it, but a friend of a friend's wife works for the City of Garland said the ongoing constructions on hWY 78 is to pipe water from Texoma to Lavon. Hope it's true. 

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Not sure this has any truth to it, but a friend of a friend's wife works for the City of Garland said the ongoing constructions on hWY 78 is to pipe water from Texoma to Lavon. Hope it's true. 

Most likely to pump water from treatment plant to consumers.  Texoma pipeline is 7 foot dia line running along east side of hwy 78 from hwy 121 south.

A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

The pipeline is already buried to the new mixing tanks near wylie water plant. The 78 construction is the road widening project.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: