Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2018, 10:52:18 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Duck hunting  (Read 4040 times)
Minnow

Hey everyone, just wondering if there were any Lavon duck hunters out there. Don't see much on the hunting part of the form. I'm new to the area and would like to join someone on a hunt. I have duck hunted 30 year but don't have a hunting buddy here. I just retired so I can hunt about any time if someone would like a buddy some morning.
Thank you
Joe

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

welcome aboard joe ...... i aint no duck hunter but maybe some of the hunters will give ya a shout

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thank you Sir. I love chasing those sandies and crappie too. Not very good at it but I'm learning.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

just do what us bank fishermen do findin entry areas  icon_mrgreen  check out all satalite websites and then go drive em and check out what ya seen on those sites .  icon_mrgreen icon_rolleyes id start by checkin out areas around Highland Park  icon_cool icon_biggrin

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thank you Sir for the info and advice. I appreciate your help. Will give it a go.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

I, too, am new to the area ... hunting wise. Been in Plano 19 years, but this is my first year to hunt. Just retired. Got a Lavon permit from COE.

-Gary-

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

unless you have family land or a lease you need to get a public lands license. TPWD will mail you a book with all the public hunting land locations. scouting is the name of the game for ducks. We've gone out and just tried a new spot taking a chance and done well, but scouting usually produces a better hunt. I've been going to far north texas and have done pretty good this season. Just got back from the deer lease in brownwood and didn't see near the numbers of duck that I usually do.

once you've got your spot picked out concealment is #1 priority. popup blinds work well but you'd still want to add some brush for that extra little bit. if you're not good with your call you can turn incoming ducks away. but field practice is best imho. sure you'll miss out on some shots but you'll see what works as you fine tune your blow.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s164/countrybmx/duckhunting_zps8c6a7784.jpg
Duck hunting

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s164/countrybmx/duckhunting2_zpsf776b904.jpg
Duck hunting

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I've always heard that lavon isn't the best for ducks. I've never hunted lavon bc of this rumor (and our spot has been produce so well) but I will go sometime when the season starts back up to see how it is for myself.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I think I hear clickers in my sleep!!

There are thousands of teal on Lavon right now.  The only thing that sux about Lavon is there is not much water so you have to fight to get a spot and then you have all of the duck dynasty folks that show up w/o waders, w/o decoys, w/o a dog and set up 40yds away from you.  Idiots a plenty on Lavon.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

That's the norm with public I guess. Got to take the with good with the bad. I would still rather be out duck hunting than working. Once in awhile you get lucky and get a few.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: