Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 11:31:47 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Little ridge single lane ramp?  (Read 42910 times)

Lunker

I launched yesterday at Little Ridge and my rear tires on my trailer fell off the ramp. Lucky its a dual axle. Where is the single lane ramp I have been hearing about?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

It may not have magically appeared yet lol. I think gonzo said it needs some dirt work in front of it...

-------------------------
Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

Lunker

So, I appears when the water gets low enough? I hope it doesn't come to that......
RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

It is to the left of the current ramp about 40 yards if I remember right. Could be a little closer or farther? It is only gravel/dirt there, no concrete. Rudimentry ramp at best but lot better than nuthin.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

My trailer fell off the Little Ridge ramp on Sunday. Several good SAmaritans helped me lift it and someone pulled myntruck forward. It's a dangerous ramp right now.  Barely able to back far enough to get the boat on. 

Even if they don't bite, it's worth the trip.
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

And the boat launchin follies begin!!!!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

The top of the old ramp was visible last week, so Im sure you can see it now.  You could probably use it right now, getting to it is the problem.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I got a 19' bass cat and i backed off the ramp today its not to bad of a drop.

Mike
Fish Forever
Work whenever.
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I guess when i get a chance to fish again I will head north Smiley

Keith Smiley

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

FYI
Carey said he backed his trailer off the ramp and had a hard time. No more Lavon for him.
I guess it depends if you hit a high spot the mud after the ramp ends.  icon_lol
He is at Fork fishing in the McDonald's bass tourney for the next few days.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I drove by to take a look at the old submergeged ramp (should have taken some pics) and in my opinion there is no way that will be of any use until work is done on it.  Stone will need to be brought in, and there is a good 6" drop at the front of the ramp.  Maybe once the water drops more and they close LR then work will be done to fix up the old one.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Im going to try it aging in the morning.

Mike
Fish Forever
Work whenever.
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Just a thought here as some have said the single ramp is gonna need some access work afore the ramp is usuable. Taint no secret the COE is short of funds. partly due to contract squabble over park operations and I suspect more so due to inability of Congress to do their jobs which left us with the auto budget cutbacks earlier in the year.

So, who has a tractor with a front loader bucket? Maybe somebody or somebodies with a tractor could approach the COE office and request permission to rearrange the existing gravel at the old ramp. I know a lot of gravel was brought in a few years back to help the parking situation. maybe that could be re-worked around the entrance to the ramp. Just a thought. Don't think it would take long at all.

Or some volunteers with wheelbarrow & shovel to git r done. i got a shovel & wheelbarrow. But seems a tractor would be much easier.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

sounds like a pretty good plan ol' wise one..

I will give them a call later today.  Me and Mike were going to plant some survey steaks down the sides of it last weekend , but I had to chase kids around .

I will see what they say.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

All -

We appreciate your interest in getting the older Little Ridge Park boat ramp up and running and look forward to working with you to do so, but there are a few concerns that need to be addressed first.

First, please stop using the current ramp for now.  One of the other Park Rangers checked it yesterday, and there is less than 15 feet of water between the waterline and the end of the ramp.  We will be closing the ramp and the park ASAP. 

Once the ramp is closed, we will begin the process of evaluating the older boat ramp and, based upon that evaluation, will look at any needed repairs.  If the ramp is in safe condition, there is, at a minimum, some work to be done on the access path and turn around before the ramp could be opened to the public. 

We have an active volunteer program here at Lavon.  If you are interested in working with us to accomplish some of the work noted above or to help keep the Lake and parks up, please let me know.  We welcome the help and interest and we want to make sure that things are done safely.  The best way to reach me is by phone at the office; the office phone number is (972) 442-3141. 

Stay safe,
Ranger Perrin

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up

Jump to: