Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2017, 11:33:19 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
line twist  (Read 2493 times)

Lunker

I know this is probably a noob question.  But what is the best way to put line on a reel without getting too much twist.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

depends on if your throwin a baitcaster or spinnin reel

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker

I have both.  But right now, i'm talking about a spinning reel.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

i could try and esplain it to ya but heres a video to it . the way they start out is for a baicastin reel but the demo is for a spinnin reel ....... but for catfishin you'll have a bigger reel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkyGPl0k_AE

Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:24:27 AM by fishin1

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I do not believe in the method shown in that video.

I let the line come off the line spool as toilet paper comes off the toilet roll/and from the top or bottom makes no difference. You do need to put some decent tension on the line or spool so it gets wound on tightly. not crazy tight, but firmly on the spool.  I have no issues with twists. I use spinning reels only.  

Just pulling line off the line spool as shown in the vid (like line flows off a spinning reel when cast) I believe can cause problems with twists. I understand that they are trying to get the spools to counteract each other but don't believe this method is effective or possible.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I haven't looked at the video yet because I'm at work and youtube and most other video is blocked.

Last time I tried to put line on a spinning reel, i just layed the spool flat on the ground beneath my rod tip and reeled it in until it had enough line, and it was SUPER twisted

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Ok, I looked at the video on my phone.  That seems like it would produce the same result as the way I tried last time (as described in my previous post).

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

if you dont get the line off of the spool goin the right direction , it will cause line twist

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

lou  icon_mrgreen you probably reseat your line everytime you throw yours out like dave  icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol it gets all unwound everytime your throw it out  icon_lol

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: