Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2018, 08:10:57 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Looking to get back into Kayak fishing  (Read 1657 times)

Minnow

Any tips on where to put in around Lavon? Do the Boaters get angry with the Kayak Anglers? Anyone catching Bass or Crappie? I know Lavon is known for Catfish.   

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I have fished all parts of Lavon in my kayak and I have never had any boaters give me any problems intentionally. Now I have had boats fly by me on plane but when your crossing open waters on your kayak thats going to happen.(It's like riding a bike on a highway.) I just try and make myself as visible as possible when kayaking (Bright colors) to help boaters see me as soon as possible. I think most boaters don't realize how close they are too you when they zip by you but you will find it's usually the pleasure boater or jet skier that will do that. When sandbassing I will join the boat show if I can but you just have to becareful when your fishing popular coves around the island or railroad trussel coming from Mallard Park into the Lavonia area. Basically the blind spots. When your out kayaking just watch where the powerboaters like to gas it up and you can figure it out from there. IMO Lavon is a kayak friendly lake.

Good luck,be safe and maybe I will see out there one day.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Minnow

Good tips thanks and good hear about Lavon being kayak friendly. Especially since its right down the street from my house. Nice setup there on your Hobie...couldn't see what type the other Kayak is but both look nice. Ever get fins from the drive system on the Hobie caught in anything ? Should have a kayak by end month so prob see me out there soon. Just watch for they guy who has no idea what he is doing. LOL.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Thanks. The other kayak in the photo is a ocean kayak prowler 13. When I first got my hobie I hit a stumps with the fins because I would forget about them while I was peddling. I can spread them apart and the will get pretty flat under the kayak if I get shallow or go across some stumps. Every now and then one will sneak out and get me though. Luckily I have not broke anything yet.  icon_lol

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I've had a great time out there paddling around.  I launch a Clear lake, but I need to get over to some of the other ramps and see what I can catch.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Clear lake has been my choice of launch points... they have two ramps, one North and one South, depending on the wind dir, its nice to launch from the down wind ramp, calm waters protected by the land between the two ramps. Good sand bassin and cats, however the last time i ended up with 2 crappie, (just a hair under 10in.) so they went back into the water to grow up!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: