Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2018, 10:51:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Lavon water level  (Read 22580 times)

Lunker Extreme

Gosh, I'm so depressed over this water level crap. icon_cry

I went to Lewisville last week - alone - first mistake.

When I go lonesome I always get in the boat(while still trailered) from my tailgate - second mistake. Well, stepped on the edge of the gunnell with left foot and slipped. During my fall, right hand broke the troll motor transducer bracket while I softened the fall with my right side front ribs on the boat. I hit so hard I bounced (I think) backwards and caught the edge of the tailgate with my back. Needless to say, I kerplunked on the cement in 4-6 inches of water when the fall stopped - rather abruptly, I might add. So I'm laying there in the water thinking #$%@, I broke some ribs. So as I struggle to get up, I slip on the slick surface and kerplop and splash, yet again, on the #$%@ ramp - third mistake.

So now I'm bleeding (hand and wrist), ribs and back are hurting and I'm soaking wet. I did what every other hard core lip jerklin' crappie fisher person would do - I went fishing. First drop of the jig - thump, dink. Second drop, thump, keeper. Third drop, thump, another keeper. Then it stopped. I guess someone upstairs felt sorry for what I went through to get on the water.

Come on rain - get me back on Lady Lavon cause I don't think I can survive travelling to the other lakes!!!

-------------------------
Jeff
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I was thinking of going to Lewisville this weekend - but man, after hearing the trials you want through I might change my mind.

Which ramp did you use>

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Sorry to hear of troubles. That stinks.  icon_frown
Glad you're alright.

We're heading to Fork Saturday at Oh 500... get there about 7 ish.
Terry, you're welcome to join us in your Boston Whaler (?) and follow us around to BPs if you want.   icon_mrgreen

I never can remember your and Mike's type of boat - Boston Whaler? Wharton?  icon_question

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I was thinking of going to Lewisville this weekend - but man, after hearing the trials you want through I might change my mind.

Which ramp did you use>

Little Elm Park

Jeff
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

WOW Sorry to hear of the crash Jeff. Hope you are okay Sad . I always step in the water from the concrete because the hook eye on that triton of mine is way under the boat. In the summer time I wear aqua socks to step in the water and the winter I have some knee high rubber boot. I know it is a pain to put the boots on and off but there is no way for me to unhook the winch without getting in the water

Keith Smiley

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Dang Jeff, sounds like I has been wise by just sittin at home the past 4 months! I have mobility problems due to Arthur Itus and I just know any trip I would take alone would be just as you described. Hope you make a full & quick recovery. I need to find a fishin partner close to Allen or on the way to Lavon! I usually don't fish any other lake. Easy decision now!  icon_frown icon_rolleyes icon_cool icon_eek icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Boyz,

Don't pass sympathy my way. Hell, I went and caught a couple fish! Sure did pay for it, but was still worth it in my book. I just knew I would be miserable the next day. Guess what, round is a good shape to bounce apparently, lol icon_lol. Thought for sure I'd be hurtin' in the worse way - not so much. I'm in shape - round is a shape - right?

Tight Lines

Jeff

Jeff
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

STILL 12 FEET LOW!!!!  Most of the rain went south - bummer!

If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Collins ramp??

Ride a wheelie!
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Given recent conditions, can we expect to have ramps open and boat access this spring?  I barely know Lavon, and really have little interest in trying to learn any of the other lakes...

Regards,
Brad

Fiberglass, aluminum, pontoons...whatever floats your boat.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

depends on rain

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Here's a little bit of something. http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/lavon . Click on historical.
Highest water level 504.93' 5/03/1990. Lowest level 475.3' 12/20/06

Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:01:20 PM by evinrudelark

Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks, that historical info is helpful.  Fingers crossed....

B

Fiberglass, aluminum, pontoons...whatever floats your boat.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

We think we have it bad Im on Lake Buchannon this week it is 32 ft low wow...

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Yep, I hear ya

Travis is 53 feet low - Its freaky lookin
No more lake, its in the old river channel
All docks and marinas high and dry - some marinas moved like Collin does

Top Bottom