Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 09:24:20 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Lavon water level  (Read 20176 times)

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

Today 8-7-13 its down 9.3' I think it wont be long before we will be able to see the 2 T-Bars that have been spotted before at the end of the ramp at East Fork South in the cove. I think it was Oscar that spotted them before & brought it to our attention. Right at the corners at the bottom of the ramp. Everyone be careful & take care in this bad heat we are having & stay hydrated. Water not CABS or coffee.  icon_mrgreen

Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:08:48 AM by ken53

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

Just looked again. Lavon is now 9.54' down. I spoke to Capt Larry yesterday & he said he thought East fork in the cove would be good to about 10’. As I recall Lyn (fishin1) told me the same thing last year. We still need rain so very bad. On a side note,everyone please keep Oscar & his wife in your prayers. Oscar's wife was taken back to Baylor Hospital in Garland yesterday with more complications.

Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:47:00 PM by ken53

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

As of today Lavon is 9.75' down

http://www.lakelevels.info/

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lavon/

Facility Closure Report:

Lakeland Park boat ramp is closed due to low lake level.

Mallard Park is closed due to low lake level.

Pebble Beach is closed due to low lake level.

Elm Creek is closed due to low lake level.

Highland Park is closed due to low lake level.

Bratonia Park is closed due to low lake level.

Twin Groves Park is closed due to low lake level.

Brockdale boat ramp is closed due to low lake level.

Lavonia North & South boat ramps are closed due to low lake level.

Clearlake South is closed due to low lake level.

Caddo Park is closed until further notice.

Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:02:21 PM by ken53

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Yep, won't be long and the only ramp open will be the old single lane ramp at Little ridge.

When that happens....FYI folks....don't be a jerk and launch from that single lane ramp and leave yer trailer and vehicle parked on the ramp! Yes, some jerk from Frisco did it last year.

Just remember when that is the only lane open to launch, that is what the police, fire, wardens, sheriff, etc will have to use unless thay have a slip at Collin Marina which is clear on the other side of the lake. Minutes in responses can save lives!

Tis a shame that something so obvious would need to be said!  icon_rolleyes icon_mrgreen

DON"T LEAVE YER BOAT & VEHICLE ON THE DANG RAMP!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

When i was a tickey creek last weekend, end of the cement ramp was in about waist deep water (slightly over waist).  Pretty soon it will be tough for bigger boats.  I forget what water level last year they closed that ramp.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

shawn ..... it was still usable last year in december but the water lvl was higher then than it is now . i bet it will be next week and cl north and tickey will get closed

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Put the pontoon in t tickey today was fine. Seen a few wake board boats launch too. 

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

Yesterday Janet & I launched the Alumacraft from East Fork in the cove. No problem. Saw some large  wake boats launch also with no problem . However, as I stated a few post above there are T post (I asume metal but not for certain) marking the bottom corners of the ramp.  Yesterday the one closest to the marina is sticking out of the water about an inch. Easy to not see it. If you idle up to the ramp after launching to pick up a partner make sure you go to the middle of the ramp & not approach it from the side of the ramp. This T Bar dragging across the bottom of your boat would ruin your day.

Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:32:08 AM by ken53

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

While out there yesterday I took a little tour through Collins Marina. I noticed that that had their ramp blocked off at the top. Does anyone know if it is now closed because of low water?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

While out there yesterday I took a little tour through Collins Marina. I noticed that that had their ramp blocked off at the top. Does anyone know if it is now closed because of low water?
Can't be cause of low water...That's one of the last ramps on the lake to dry up...They may be preparing to move one of their docks out to deeper water again (just guessin')

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

The S ramp is always blocked when they move the marina out of the cove. It becomes the entry to the marina & boat rental. N ramp is open.

Jim
Fishing Time is my Chilling Time!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

Jim thanks for the explanation. I never go over there so not very familiar with Collins. I just took a little tour through it yesterday with my wife to look it over before we put the boat on the trailer.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Tickey Creek had barricades blocking the ramp this morning.  icon_evil

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Sachse, Tx

As of today 10.01' low.  icon_eek

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Seems to dropping faster now, guess that makes sense when there's less water surface area....

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: