Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:46:00 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Too old to be so kinky.  (Read 2646 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

For several years I have been using Berkley Trilene Big game in green.  It's cheap and easy to find but dang it's kinky.  What's better with less memory and maybe more slippery?  I like around 30lb and it would be nice if I could see it.  I don't a zillion yards as I only have less than ten catfish rods...

Regards,
B

-------------------------
Fiberglass, aluminum, pontoons...whatever floats your boat.
Top Bottom  

Lunker

I have been using the Suffix Seige hi-vis tangerine 25lb from Pro Angler Tackle.  Been pleased with it thus far.   

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Suffiz Siege in tangerine is nice line. But I am a cheap ole geezer so I use Trilene Big Game. Brad, just change the line more frequent than every 5 years and it won't be so kinky!  icon_cool icon_cool

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Suffiz Siege in tangerine is nice line. But I am a cheap ole geezer so I use Trilene Big Game. Brad, just change the line more frequent than every 5 years and it won't be so kinky!  icon_cool icon_cool

Well, I have been mostly not fishing for about the last three years or so and have been changing out line.  I have kind of lost track of which ones have been changed and which ones haven't.  Also, I have been using Trilene rolls that are several years old but had been sitting around unopened.  Still they all are seeming to have over much memory and too much curve/spiral/slinky dinky and kink.  Maybe I should just keep replacing...

Also, I use 30lb as that seems a nice compromise for those occasions when I get a larger fish on.  Mostly I catch eaters, but you never know.  Maybe I should back down to 25lb and maybe it would be less inclined to mind being wound up on my little abu garcia baitcasters.

Looks like I am thinking out loud while typing.  If you have anything to add to my soliloquy, please do.

B

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Brad,all you gotta do is stretch that line ever once in a while , and it'll be fine...hook it to a tree and walk the rod/reel out to a little further than what you can cast and just gently stretch it until the coils are relaxed. icon_cool

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Brad,all you gotta do is stretch that line ever once in a while , and it'll be fine...hook it to a tree and walk the rod/reel out to a little further than what you can cast and just gently stretch it until the coils are relaxed. icon_cool

Ronnie D, there is no such thing as "further than what I can cast."   icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Thanks for the advice, I will try it out.

B

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Brad 25 pound test is plenty of line fer the biggins. I can barely break off 30 pound stuff so went down to 25 pound test years ago. Thinkin of goin back to 20 pound as that is whut I used to use 7 or 8 years ago. That suffiz siege is nice stuff. You can get it fron Ed at ProAngler or Academy. Same price so I get mine from Ed.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Best ive used is Ande envy green 30#

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks to all.

As usual, Mr. P said that magic word "cheap" and since I am unashamed in my cheapness, I am finishing my reels off with the venerable and plentiful Big Game.  It's nice and green and I am dropping to 25lb.  I work doing troubleshooting and I do best when I do the simple stuff first, so that is what I am doing here.

Regards,
Brad

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Brad, just change the line more frequent than every 5 years and it won't be so kinky!  icon_cool icon_cool

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol  ..... yep that'd be the secret   icon_razz icon_biggrin   go fishin a little mo and you'll have to  icon_lol icon_lol

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Best ive used is Ande envy green 30#
Have to agree with CoonCrazy here. Ande is some of the best mono line I have used.

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

You had me at "cheap and kinky"   icon_cool

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: