Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
can you say hi vis?  (Read 1820 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

Wowsers

-------------------------
Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Love fishing! It's my drug!

Nice color.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Great color. You ain't gonna be able to break that 80 pound stuff. Fishin shaller in timber....not sure that is a good thang....just sayin. Unless of course, you plan on hog tying dem swimming hogs!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_lol icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I am going to test it out for a while and see.  I didn't get it to horse fish, but been watching how it breaks the leader and doesnt snap back at you.  DOn't even have to pull all that hard since there is no stretch.  If this keeps those monster hooks and no rolls from flying back at me and stretching my line every time i get hung up, then i will hold onto it.  I still think braid is a bit of a cheat when it comes to fishing.  Been a proponent of the fish having a chance.  I also wanted to test just how well it works.  Been hooking some nice Lavon cats in the last few outings and all of them broke off on the same tree.  It was OK for fun fishing, but if it is a tourney then I just assume get those or at least better my odds.  The big one i got Monday hit in a differnt spot and steered clear of any timber.  Could not have gone better. 

You will find that once you start catching big fish that they are kind of addicting and then you slowly change how you go about things.

At first, I just wanted to catch them all.
Then i wanted to catch them all shallow cause it added something.
THen I wanted the over sized fish.
Then I caught enough that losing a few was not as painful anymore.
Then I got to where I enjoyed the FIGHT most of all and not so much Needing to get the fish in the boat.  Been known to get a fish or two to the boat and bump them with something so they take off a little.
I love to catch them and photograph them now and just enjoy the hunt (I may not talk that way, but it is what I mean). 

Spoiled maybe, but 30 pound fish are not found to be too exciting anymore unless on a real dry spell or someone else is in the boat that digs it.

Was kind of giddy when we pulled that other one over the side of the boat cause it was what i consider to be better than average for Lavon.  I like them big ones!

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Fully understand Joe! Really I do! My youngest chillen, brent, specifically targets the bigguns and simply won't fish if'n he can't find any with dem fancy electronics!!!! He would just as soon put the boat back on the trailer as wet a hook!  icon_rolleyes He will look for a couple of hours and then just load up the boat and go home. But, when he finds em, it usually ain't just one and oh man are them some great trips!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Me, I still like to catch em all! Don't care what size!  icon_biggrin Unless we keepin fer a fish fry or donating fish to a family in need, we release em all anyways, eaters & trophies alike!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Looks good Joe , spool it on the reel as tight as you can wear a leather glove so you can really get some tension on it also every time you break it pull it tight then wrap line around  a wooden stick to break it so it doesnt dig into itself and cause headaches.

"Whale Chaser"
-Making fish famous since 2008-
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

just don't get hung up duh

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: