Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 11:41:49 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
tilapia  (Read 5829 times)
Lunker Extreme

I saw several small tilapia in lavon at the pump pipes while nt bowfishing. Hope they die during the winter or all other small fish are in trouble.  They were small but i know what they are from shooting fairfield.

-------------------------
We sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Holy Crappie Batman!!

ack! I dont want a buch of tilapia I want bass and crappie!

Fishing is like eating potato chips you cannot stop at one!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Tilapia are great eating fish but horrible for the system if they do we're pretty much screwe

We sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Holy Crappie Batman!!

well they are still better than that snake fish that invaded florida forget what the name of them are but they have teeth and are very aggressive and they have the ability to breath in low oxygenated waters think they can gulp air or sumthin. Very damaging to the local fish

Fishing is like eating potato chips you cannot stop at one!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

we've had tilapia in Lavon for a long time now. nothing new.

snakeheads are often confused with bowfins. Bowfins are very aggressive, have sharp teeth, but are a native species. Snakeheads also are aggressive and have teeth, but they are the invasive species. They can breath air and "walk" on land up to 1/4 mile (thanks discovery channel!) - thats how they move from one body of water to the next. kill it and eat it. they are a delicacy in Vietnam. bowfin = trash fish. snakehead = dinner

Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:59:25 PM by firemanD
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

bowfin strips = good catfish bait, tough and effective...

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

bowfin strips = good catfish bait, tough and effective...

gonna have to try this out.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Nothing better than being on the lake @ 6 a.m.

we've had tilapia in Lavon for a long time now. nothing new.

snakeheads are often confused with bowfins. Bowfins are very aggressive, have sharp teeth, but are a native species. Snakeheads also are aggressive and have teeth, but they are the invasive species. They can breath air and "walk" on land up to 1/4 mile (thanks discovery channel!) - thats how they move from one body of water to the next. kill it and eat it. they are a delicacy in Vietnam. bowfin = trash fish. snakehead = dinner

Aren't Tilapia vegetation feeders?  How would you catch them?  I enjoy eating tilapia.

What a stress reliever - being on the water!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Okie bow fishing netting or seen them caught on fly before or snagging

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Aren't Tilapia vegetation feeders?  How would you catch them?  I enjoy eating tilapia.

actually i'm not sure. I've wanted to learn their patterns and all so I can target them on lavon. just to say I caught some tilapia out of the lake instead of the freezer isle.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Love fishing! It's my drug!

actually i'm not sure. I've wanted to learn their patterns and all so I can target them on lavon. just to say I caught some tilapia out of the lake instead of the freezer isle.
.   Me too! There great eating.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Well they will have to stay in warm water over 60% or they die only place they have a chance is highlands where warm water is pumped into the lake from underground pipes

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

The HOA went with Talupia this year so that the bass could eat the fry. I don't know how many they released, but the week before Christmas, they started showing up floating along the shore line.

Neil
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: